Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

MarkJohn

One of the Regulars
Yeah, with brandy it might be a stretch as they are both essentially wines. Like mixing two wines together to make a cocktail. :p I could see it being done with gin and other types of whiskey though.

Yeah, but its not grape + grape; ginger wine is quite a different beast... however, there is something about the mellow(er) nature of brandy over scotch that fails it... it needs the bite of scotch to work.

Yeah, but its not grape + grape; ginger wine is quite a different beast... however, there is something about the mellow(er) nature of brandy over scotch that fails it... it needs the bite of scotch to work.

True. I was thinking more wine = wine though. :p Brandy just doen't have the character Scotch has. There are so many different types of scotch that you can literally use it to match any taste. :p

Cody Pendant

One of the Regulars
Ah! The Dalmore Cigar Malt!

The Dalmore Cigar Malt? That is a decent one and I have a bottle or two but they are not worth the price. :p Dalmore is a good pairing with just about any cigar really. :p

If your talking about the original Cigar Malt.JPG The Dalmore Cigar Malt, exquisite:eusa_clap; not so much the 'Cigar Malt -"reserve" :eusa_doh:. That pales in comparison. Still have 4 bottles left and a dram in the "fifth" (pun intended). Pitty they discontinued it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yamamoto