Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

There could be no way that story is true. And if in some strange universe it was true, surely no one ever fell for it. I would use my fork, my spoon, even my hands before I would give eight bucks for a butter knife.
:D

The fork and spoon where $5.95 per. Couldn't use my hands to eat because of the white gloves. Yeah..it was so fancy that you not only needed a tie for entry..but also white gloves. Hell..if you wanted to sit down..the chair cost$15. This place was high end,Man.

The fork and spoon where $5.95 per. Couldn't use my hands to eat because of the white gloves. Yeah..it was so fancy that you not only needed a tie for entry..but also white gloves. Hell..if you wanted to sit down..the chair cost$15. This place was high end,Man.

Are you sure that this wasn't a stint in prison where it would make sense for said items to cost a pretty penny?
I don't have the tie bit figured out yet, but give me time (not prison time).

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi

Back in the 1980's there was a fancy place in Wichita KS that charged everything on the bill separately for each person at the table. Silverware was $1.25, Steak $12.00, Potato $2.23, Salad $3.00 and $1.00 for iced tea. They did the same deal for everyone at the table. They put the date at the top of the paper (no lines etc, just a plain pad) and the later in the year it was, the more likely you were to pay for the date. 10/14 was usually charged as $10.14. It was a big place with salesmen and the guy that told me about the deal was a salesman at Beech aircraft. He always had to watch them.

Later

The gloves should have been red in color. Was the food worth it?

Oh certainly..but each rib was about the size of my little finger after I brushed the fancy sprigs of parsley aside..and the three string green beans. You know how those upscale eateries are. The beer was served in what looked like a long stemmed champagne glass with some kinda gawdawful bubbly Belgium stuff...I think. I asked for a tall mug of dark..but they implied that I'd need to stand in the back of the room to drink it. Then they asked.."what's a mug"? Don't think I'll ever go back TOE.
HD

Oh certainly..but each rib was about the size of my little finger after I brushed the fancy sprigs of parsley aside..and the three string green beans. You know how those upscale eateries are. The beer was served in what looked like a long stemmed champagne glass with some kinda gawdawful bubbly Belgium stuff...I think. I asked for a tall mug of dark..but they implied that I'd need to stand in the back of the room to drink it. Then they asked.."what's a mug"? Don't think I'll ever go back TOE.
HD

And you are in the right for not going back to such a sham. They do not care about the food one bit, only their profit and fake upscale reputation.

And you are in the right for not going back to such a sham. They do not care about the food one bit, only their profit and fake upscale reputation.

Guess I really should bring it out in the open...I very well could be stretching the truth somewhat about this experience..or maybe even making it up TOE. Sadly sometimes I just can't seem to help myself..but Lard knows I do try. Hope that I didn't go over the line...[huh]
Jameson again tonight(just a little). :cool:

Guess I really should bring it out in the open...I very well could be stretching the truth somewhat about this experience..or maybe even making it up TOE. Sadly sometimes I just can't seem to help myself..but Lard knows I do try. Hope that I didn't go over the line...[huh]
Jameson again tonight(just a little). :cool:

That little might really have been a lot.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
...The beer was served in what looked like a long stemmed champagne glass with some kinda gawdawful bubbly Belgium stuff...I think. ...
HD

Hi

For some inexplicable reason, a good friend of mine kept ordering one of those fruity Belgian beers (upon somebody on the phone's recommendation). Then I ordered it because Tapwerks has 100 (roughly) taps and I started on the left and worked my way right. The fruity stuff is on the left (poetic??). Bleck!!

later

That sounds really good. What is the mix?

2 1/2 ounces gin---Hendricks
1/4 ounce vermouth--I use a little less---ok, a whole lot less:p
twist of lime (optional)
2 green olives stuffed with spicy red pepper(my friend makes them for me.)

I usually make about 6 servings at a time when I am having company.
Fill a large shaker full of ice. Add the gin and vermouth. Shake to a samba beat. Pour into martini glasses. Add twist and two olives with a touch of the spicy brine. Viola! A Spicy Martini. Copyrighted by me. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112