Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Two choices? Ok, for the benefit of the uninformed---me---what will those be? :D

Sazerac will be reviving the original formula version of Legendre Herbsaint, in 100 proof, and a limited edition 120 proof version as it first appeared. The current modern version has a different flavor profile from the vintage.

In a few months you'll be able to taste the spirit as it was back in the 1930s when it first went on sale.

I've had some of the lab sample and it's very nice.

There is a little more to this story that I'll go into later...;)

Absinthe_1900 said:
Sazerac will be reviving the original formula version of Legendre Herbsaint, in 100 proof, and a limited edition 120 proof version as it first appeared. The current modern version has a different flavor profile from the vintage.

In a few months you'll be able to taste the spirit as it was back in the 1930s when it first went on sale.

Why did I figure? I knew it had something to do with your user name. ;) :p
I'll try it when it gets out to the general public---then again---you could always send me a case. ;) :p

rumblefish

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
Can you smell what the rumblefish is cooking? ;) :p

I know,,,:eek: I join the best vintage clothing forum you can find, and my only contributions have to do with food an drink.:(

*looking for a food forum- to talk hats* :eusa_doh: :D

Absinthe_1900 said:

Looking forward to this!:eusa_clap
Will the limited edition be distributed or only available from Sazerac? (love the new website)

rumblefish said:
I know,,,:eek: I join the best vintage clothing forum you can find, and my only contributions have to do with food an drink.:(

*looking for a food forum- to talk hats* :eusa_doh: :D

Noooooo!:eek: I want to hear about the food and drink creations too. :D
Just leave out anything created with Cynar.:eek:

rumblefish said:
Looking forward to this!:eusa_clap
Will the limited edition be distributed or only available from Sazerac? (love the new website)

I am looking forward to it too. Their website is nice looking but not very informative at all. The news section is empty! They should be touting this news on their site. If not there then where else? :eusa_doh:
The other spirits section is kind of lacking really:
http://www.sazerac.com/otherSpirits.aspx [huh]

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
The new vintage Herbsaint will be on regular liquor store shelves, Sazerac has pretty good distribution. The limited run version should be available both online at the usual places and in stores. Maybe more if the demand is high.

They will officially announce the product in October, I'd imagine their website will have something up by then.

Of course you can always look at another place for info too....;)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I haven't found anyone in town that carries Sazerac, so I'm not holding my breath about the Herbsaint, but there are good-sized liquor stores less than an hour up the freeway, so I'll have to plan a trip there later this year.

Brad

Absinthe_1900 said:
The new vintage Herbsaint will be on regular liquor store shelves, Sazerac has pretty good distribution. The limited run version should be available both online at the usual places and in stores. Maybe more if the demand is high.

They will officially announce the product in October, I'd imagine their website will have something up by then.

Of course you can always look at another place for info too....;)

Gee but you would expect that they might want to drum up interest in their own products on their own website is all I am saying. That bottling will likely be snapped up by those in the know long before I can get to it; I expect. :p ;)
I'll see if I can find it in October or thereafter. I think you are just teasing us. ;) :p :D

BillyCigars

New in Town
Believe it or not, my FIRST Gin & Tonic!

I'm a dry Gin martini kind of guy but never tried a G n' T until last night - Spectacular drink!! Bombay Sapphire, Schweppes, and a squeeze of lime (I ran the lime around lip of the glass as well for a nice touch). Too bad I didn't discover this grand drink sooner - it's a perfect refreshing summer drink :D

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
BillyCigars said:
Believe it or not, my FIRST Gin & Tonic!

I'm a dry Gin martini kind of guy but never tried a G n' T until last night - Spectacular drink!! Bombay Sapphire, Schweppes, and a squeeze of lime (I ran the lime around lip of the glass as well for a nice touch). Too bad I didn't discover this grand drink sooner - it's a perfect refreshing summer drink :D

And you'll never get Malaria--or Scurvy--if you stick to these! Positively medicinal.

Cricket

Practically Family
With the Mad Men kickoff last night, I really wanted something differrent to drink to celebrate the occassion. But my lazy self didn't make it to the store on Saturday, and on Sunday my family and I spent the day driving back from vacation. So I barely made it home in time. I had to stop by the local store and snag a beer instead.

I tried Flying Dog Golden Ale. Never had it before but I really liked it.

marvelgoose

One of the Regulars
Last Night

A classic Manhattan made with rye, sweet vermouth, and orange bitters. Stirred, not shaken and poured into a martini glass fresh from the freezer. Paired it with a Romeo 1875 cigar after a Fillet Mignon dinner and grilled potatoes that had been infused with garlic and rosemary.

Since we are all supposed to be about hats here, I wore a cheap cloth fedora from Duluth Trading.

We always have a feast on Sunday night :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21