Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Absinthe_1900 said:
No kidding, one time I printed out the instructions, and ingredients, to make a Sazerac for a local bar.

How hard can it be to buy a bottle of Rye, Herbsaint, and Peychaud's bitters. :eusa_doh:

If they have to refer to the bar book then you are in the wrong place from the start. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
I think I'll make one of those tonight. I HAVE everything. :rolleyes: :p

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Im not a learned beer drinker by any means, but I had a craving for a good stout, so I went to my Trader Joes to see what they had. I refuse to drink Guinness from the can (whatever) so I picked something called Stockyard Oatmeal Stout.

beeeeer.jpg

Here is the description:
A deliciously creamy stout in the Irish tradition. This deep coffee-colored beer has the aroma and flavor of chocolate, roasted oats and coffee derived from the speciality malts used in the brewing process to give it a rich tan head.
Oh copy writers, you can sell anyone anything.

It said 'drink with a meal', but it wasnt cold enough for my meal, so I had it with dessert. Good choice on my part. It toned down the sweetness of what I was eating. There is no 'coffee-chocolate' taste, but a great aroma. One down, five to go (at later intervals) :)

LD

Alex Oviatt

Practically Family
Rum Punch--trying to recapture the magic of John-o's in Anguilla..... I made it with orange and pineapple juice, Havana Club Cuban rum, a floater of Amaretto and a twist of nutmeg. Sundowner par excellance! Alec Waugh, Evelyn’s older brother, claimed that the classic formula for punch is one of sour (lime), two of sweet (syrup), three of strong (rum) and four of weak (water), by why introduce water into it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21