Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

12 Gauge Shottie

- 1 bottle beer
- 1/8 bottle rum

Drink the beer down to the neck (where the bottle curves inward). Fill up the neck with rum. I like Myers Dark Rum for this. Put your finger over the bottle and shake.
Serve in Pewter Mug for Old English Style. ;) :p

Bottles like this make it a better measure:
fosters_3_small.jpg

:D

Cigarband

A-List Customer
Went to one of the 10 best Golden Age Cocktail Lounges in
the US (according to USA Today) last night for my sister's birthday bash. The Velvet Tango Room in Cleveland. She had a few Ramos Gin Fizzes, made with real fresh ingredients, and I had a number of French 75s. With Bananas Foster flamed tableside for desert. A truly "Golden" evening. USA Today has it spot on.

LordBest

Practically Family
Lindauer sparkling wine, the sort of sparkling wine I would serve to people who would not appreciate the good stuff (such as the bottle of Pol Roger I've been saving).
Hugel et fils 2005 Riesling and Gewurztraminer, both excellent though the riesling was more to my taste.

French

Familiar Face
Glenlivit 12 year old single malt on the rocks. Adding ice is likely a great sin to the Scotch experts, but, I enjoyed it.

French

Friday I was extremely disappointed in a local bar. They didn't have the ingredients for a Manhattan for goodness sake! I ended up having a beer and a gin and tonic. Yes, I had to settle for Sapphire because they sure as heck didn't have Hendrick's. Last time that place will ever see me again. Its pretty sad when my home bar has better and more stock that they do. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

ladybrettashley

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Friday I was extremely disappointed in a local bar. They didn't have the ingredients for a Manhattan for goodness sake! I ended up having a beer and a gin and tonic. Yes, I had to settle for Sapphire because they sure as heck didn't have Hendrick's. Last time that place will ever see me again. Its pretty sad when my home bar has better and more stock that they do. :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:

So, i can rather see not having Hendrick's, with all it's fanciness ;) , but how on earth does a bar not have the ingredients for a manhattan?! That's awful near "oh, i'm sorry, we don't serve martini's". Ah, well.

Anyhow, i had something like a Bronx - but with grapefruit instead of orange. You know, because that's what was lying around. It was excellent!

docneg

One of the Regulars
Cigarband said:
Went to one of the 10 best Golden Age Cocktail Lounges in
the US (according to USA Today) last night for my sister's birthday bash. The Velvet Tango Room in Cleveland.
Yes! So glad you went. One of my favorites. Only wish I was there right now. The next time I'm in Cleveland, let's meet!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112