Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Justin B

One Too Many
I have to stop and get sugar cubes on the way home. Is it sacrilege that instead of cherries for garnish I use a wedge of orange?

I have to stop and get sugar cubes on the way home. Is it sacrilege that instead of cherries for garnish I use a wedge of orange?

That would be the "garbage" that I tell bars to hold. :p If you are going to get sugar anyway then go get the requisite maraschino cherries to make it right. You have to crush one in the bottom of the glass as per the correct recipe anyway.

Last night I tried a yuengling black and tan at my mother-in-law's house. It didn't suck.
This morning I picked up some Becks on sale. I've noticed that since Becks began brewing in St. Louis that most of the other German beers have disappeared from the shelves around here. AB still has the lions share of the market here, and I have to wonder how much of a hand they've had in pushing out the competition. I also wonder how long before the "German quality", as the label proclaims, takes a slide.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the well wishes.
More St. Pauli tonight - a toast to my friends in the lounge!

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

DJH

I'll Lock Up
This morning I picked up some Becks on sale. I've noticed that since Becks began brewing in St. Louis that most of the other German beers have disappeared from the shelves around here. AB still has the lions share of the market here, and I have to wonder how much of a hand they've had in pushing out the competition. I also wonder how long before the "German quality", as the label proclaims, takes a

Yeah, InBev is such an awful company and a destroyer of decent brands.

I bought Becks without reading the small print and only later noticed it is brewed in the AB brewery in St Louis. Same with Bass, now made in the InBev brewery in NY State, where a lot of Goose Island is made too (not in Chicago as the marketing would have you believe).

Seems to me that avoiding any AB InBev product is a smart idea.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy