Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

I had some sort of cinnamon drink back in 90's.
Aftershock I think.
Left me with awful acid reflux.
Never again...

I tried that once. Pretty godawful - like drinking red hot candies. I can tell you it is not friends with guinness. I'll stick to jaegermeister from now on.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
Jaegermeister.....;)
I had that a few times and decided never again.
I've had other things besides beer and wine.
In my 20's I'd drink Atakisa Vodka on the rocks, and Baccardi 151 with coke. Couldn't keep ice in it though. :D
Then I settled down and realized I needed to savor the drink, not just see how fast (or how much) I could drink.
I still visit Guinness Extra Stout, because wine gets old.
Red hot candies.....sir you hit the nail on the head with that one.

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I tried that once. Pretty godawful - like drinking red hot candies. I can tell you it is not friends with guinness. I'll stick to jaegermeister from now on.

Hi

Putting ANYTHING in Guinness is somehow Blasphemy and I actually like Cinnamon Schnapps. If memory serves, the ex got arrested on seven or eight of something called a Snowshoe, Schnapps and Bourbon I think.

later

Hi

Putting ANYTHING in Guinness is somehow Blasphemy and I actually like Cinnamon Schnapps. If memory serves, the ex got arrested on seven or eight of something called a Snowshoe, Schnapps and Bourbon I think.

later

Dear God man!!!!
I didn't put the sh*t IN my guinness. Just did shots and chased it. Beer is a stand alone product - don't put anything IN it.
Sorry for the confusion there.
I like peppermint schnapps mixed with jaegermeister when the weather is cold.

Jaegermeister.....;)
I had that a few times and decided never again.
I've had other things besides beer and wine.
In my 20's I'd drink Atakisa Vodka on the rocks, and Baccardi 151 with coke. Couldn't keep ice in it though. :D
Then I settled down and realized I needed to savor the drink, not just see how fast (or how much) I could drink.
I still visit Guinness Extra Stout, because wine gets old.
Red hot candies.....sir you hit the nail on the head with that one.

I ran out of gas once--Jaegermeister got me quite far without any problems. Must be the high octane. :p

1961MJS

Dear God man!!!!
I didn't put the sh*t IN my guinness. Just did shots and chased it. Beer is a stand alone product - don't put anything IN it.

Well, I was worried about that. For Gawd's sake I found a "recipe" on the internet where you mix Bloody Mary Mix with Guinness, vegetables, and other products to make some form of drink.

I DO drink red beer, but that's just Bloody Mary mix in S A L E beer, with the mix you don't care that it's Schaefer light, Bud, Bud Light or Schlitz.

Laterer

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Dear God man!!!!

I once prosecuted a man for breaking into a local roadhouse. The owner had discovered him in an unconscious heap under the bar when she came in to open for the evening. As it turns out, he had chugged what he thought was her private stash of peppermint schnapps. But it wasn’t schnapps. It was a home-made brew of Pine Sol laced with peppermint candies. The owner cleaned the toilets with it evenings after closing time.

To this day, every time I smell schnapps I think of that poor alcoholic defendant. He broke into a bar filled with every brand of wine, liquor and beer and ended up going to prison for drinking Pine Sol.

AF

I once prosecuted a man for breaking into a local roadhouse. The owner had discovered him in an unconscious heap under the bar when she came in to open for the evening. As it turns out, he had chugged what he thought was her private stash of peppermint schnapps. But it wasn’t schnapps. It was a home-made brew of Pine Sol laced with peppermint candies. The owner cleaned the toilets with it evenings after closing time.

To this day, every time I smell schnapps I think of that poor alcoholic defendant. He broke into a bar filled with every brand of wine, liquor and beer and ended up going to prison for drinking Pine Sol.

AF

I am surprised he didn't end up dead! :eeek:

dnjan

One Too Many

I guess they don't make Pine Sol like they used to ...

Back on topic - last night I had a white wine blend from the Puglia region of Italy. The fact that I don't remember the name says a lot about the wine (neither good enough to want to get again nor bad enough to avoid in the future).

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab

He almost did. He had completely lost control of his body by the time the deputies arrived. Could not walk or even stand. Couldn't speak except to make grunting noises. Urinated all over the back seat of one deputy's car (which did not exactly endear him to our Sheriff). Finally, someone had the good sense to take the suspect to the hospital, but everyone there thought he was just very drunk (again). It wasn't until his trial that the Pine Sol part of the story came out. One doctor I spoke with thought the defendant had possibly suffered some brain damage. But the guy was such an established and notorious drug addict and alcoholic, no one could see any difference, if he did.

AF

He almost did. He had completely lost control of his body by the time the deputies arrived. Could not walk or even stand. Couldn't speak except to make grunting noises. Urinated all over the back seat of one deputy's car (which did not exactly endear him to our Sheriff). Finally, someone had the good sense to take the suspect to the hospital, but everyone there thought he was just very drunk (again). It wasn't until his trial that the Pine Sol part of the story came out. One doctor I spoke with thought the defendant had possibly suffered some brain damage. But the guy was such an established and notorious drug addict and alcoholic, no one could see any difference, if he did.

AF

No one could see any difference from beginning to end as the story seems. lol lol You sure you don't have a hippie colony there? :p

Well, I was worried about that. For Gawd's sake I found a "recipe" on the internet where you mix Bloody Mary Mix with Guinness, vegetables, and other products to make some form of drink.

I DO drink red beer, but that's just Bloody Mary mix in S A L E beer, with the mix you don't care that it's Schaefer light, Bud, Bud Light or Schlitz.

Laterer

I had a friend years ago who would get up every morning, drink the neck out of a longneck bud light, then top off the bottle with V-8. Horrible. He swore this cured a hangover, I never tried it myself.

I guess they don't make Pine Sol like they used to ...

Back on topic - last night I had a white wine blend from the Puglia region of Italy. The fact that I don't remember the name says a lot about the wine (neither good enough to want to get again nor bad enough to avoid in the future).

Try wine from the Perugia region instead net time. They have a long tradition of wine making. Puglia is the heel of the Italian boot. If you want seafood fine. Wine? Not so much. :p

1961MJS

Bud Lite...yee gaads.

Hi

The v8 / bloody mary mix covers up the taste and you get water, alcohol and fix with tomato flavor. Never done it for breakfast though. Breakfast is why they invented Kahlua for your coffee.

No, that was only on vacation when I was in college. Never heard of anybody drinking Pinesol, but one room mate got another one to snort Goode's powdered aspirin. That was sure fun to watch.

Later

Last edited:

dnjan

One Too Many
Try wine from the Perugia region instead net time. They have a long tradition of wine making. Puglia is the heel of the Italian boot. If you want seafood fine. Wine? Not so much. :p
Usually I have Italian whites from the northern provinces. Not sure why I had the Puglia white around.

Tonight it will probably be a Bordeaux-style blend from the Okanagan Valley (wine region in British Columbia). They make some nice wines that get neither over-ripe or over-oaked.

Gregg Axley

I'll Lock Up
I've only had one wine from Italy, a Syrah.
Cusommo or something like that.
Wasn't bad.
I'm trying to get into American wines.
I hear Oregon and Washington have some nice ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy