Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

I guess I am starting in the shallow end of the pool. ;)

I can't seem to recall a time ever when I felt like Johnny Walker didn't get the job done.

Last night I tried some Angry Orchard crisp apple. I'd had the apple ginger cider before and wasn't to keen on it, but the regular apple flavor was pretty good.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2

Duper

Practically Family
Tonight I had Jack Daniels on ice. I watched an interesting episode of "How Do They Do It" today where they go through the process of making Jack Daniels whiskey Very interesting especially about how they maintain the strain of yeast year over year through cryogenic preservation. Using raw whiskey to start the fires for making the filtering charcoal is a bright idea as well.

The JD was good.

JD was a staple in my younger years, but I rarely drink it now. Much like JW, though, I can't recall a time when it let me down.
I have been to the JD distillery several times, it is only a couple hours ride from my house. It was a favorite spot of my father to kill a weekend afternoon visiting. If you ever find yourself near middle Tennessee it's definately worth stopping and taking the tour. Interestingly enough, the distillery is in a dry county, so you can't buy any there.

I can't seem to recall a time ever when I felt like Johnny Walker didn't get the job done.

Last night I tried some Angry Orchard crisp apple. I'd had the apple ginger cider before and wasn't to keen on it, but the regular apple flavor was pretty good.

The ginger cider is pretty awful. The crisp apple is good, especially on tap.
:D

Guttersnipe

One Too Many
:rofl: I am a big single malt guy so that may color my view on JW but the last time I tried Black; it tasted like strong water. :p

What kind of single malts do you prefer? I drink a lot of single malt highlands, and while I wouldn't say Johnnie Walker black is particularity complex by comparison, I'm not sure "watery" is the adjective I'd would use. Maybe "undistinguished"

That said, JW black is my go-to for work functions; every bar carries it and it's a choice that lets folks know I won't settle for swill, but also am classy enough not to order top shelf on someone else's dime (How's that for their next ad slogan?)

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The ginger cider is awful as is the cinnamon. Just too artificial in flavor. The crisp apple and the dry are the best with the dry winning 1st place IMO.

After tasting the ginger there was no way I was even going near the cinnamon. You are spot on though, about the artificial taste. I haven't seen the dry around here, just the other three. I'll watch for it. I drank one of the crisp apple one's earlier tonight.

What kind of single malts do you prefer? I drink a lot of single malt highlands, and while I wouldn't say Johnnie Walker black is particularity complex by comparison, I'm not sure "watery" is the adjective I'd would use. Maybe "undistinguished"

That said, JW black is my go-to for work functions; every bar carries it and it's a choice that lets folks know I won't settle for swill, but also am classy enough not to order top shelf on someone else's dime (How's that for their next ad slogan?)

Undistinguished = water. :p

Bottom for someone else's dime is Macallan. People who know me know that I am a man of simple pleasures---easily satisfied by the best. :p You invite me out, you know you are going to pay ahead of time. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass