Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

I should also relate a teaching moment. That Stella Fizzy water I had laying around was pawned off on a friend who likes fizzy water but after drinking Negra Modelo for a while he noticed that he was drinking fizzy water. :rofl: Even his girlfriend tasted Stella and said it was fizzy water. Another convert to REAL beer. :rofl:

Don't get me wrong....I love a properly mixed drink, even more so in one of my vintage tiki mugs, but with all the little folks underfoot these days I have to be all ninja about it. The proper way looks like too much fun (because it is) to impressionable little eyes. I'll teach them the finer points of mixology when they are old enough (probably in about 30 more years).

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Don't get me wrong....I love a properly mixed drink, even more so in one of my vintage tiki mugs, but with all the little folks underfoot these days I have to be all ninja about it. The proper way looks like too much fun (because it is) to impressionable little eyes. I'll teach them the finer points of mixology when they are old enough (probably in about 30 more years).

I think I would have cured them of the fun aspect of it Monday. I couldn't get the Rock Candy Syrup to pour so I squeezed it hard........ Uh, yeah that was fun cleaning up.... I had to change my shirt and everything....:doh:

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
I love mixing the REAL Mai Tai. That fake stuff with fruit juice that they call a Mai Tai just doesn't cut it. :p
You are too far away for me to mix drinks for you. By the time FedEx got it to you, it would be warm and spoiled. :p
(The FedEx person would slurp that one down before it made it to delivery)

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Just got for the Mai Tai with J Wray and Nephew Overproof Rum, Orgeat, Orange Curacao, juice of 1 lime, Rock Candy Syrup and shake all ingredients over ice. NOW you have a drink. :p

(Optional swizzle stick like a sword...adding along the small paper/wood umbrella to shade the ice)....

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
All Day eh? Who named that? WC Fields? :p

You note most beers desire to hook customers by calling it an "ale"....except Budwiser. They hook customers by bragging their beer was only poured from the old truck radiator they use to make it in, in one day...it has a "born date"....Fresh beer, just born! lol! Is it not that a real beer is aged? And I have had children...the "born" part of it is a miracle for sure...but thinking of what is actually taking place.....not something a beer should associate itself with.....yucko! lol :mad::eeek:

You note most beers desire to hook customers by calling it an "ale"....except Budwiser. They hook customers by bragging their beer was only poured from the old truck radiator they use to make it in, in one day...it has a "born date"....Fresh beer, just born! lol! Is it not that a real beer is aged? And I have had children...the "born" part of it is a miracle for sure...but thinking of what is actually taking place.....not something a beer should associate itself with.....yucko! lol :mad::eeek:

Beer that tastes like the can AND radiator core. MMMM MMMM. :p In today's PBR world, that crap would sell. :p

djhatman

One of the Regulars
Just had a dram of SmokeHead not bad but one would think with a name like that it would have a more smokey flavor then it did. I felt like it was a weak Laphroaig. But I can't get it back home so it is still something to take home and share with friends.

tyba8eqe.jpg

A refreshing treat this afternoon after the days activities.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy