Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Here in Cowtown we have some excellent craft brewers.
At the moment, I'm enjoying a Helles beer from Rahr, made right here in Fort Worth.

As it says on the can - Prost Y'all!

fa71498bfb39342d2533d374e6324db1.jpg

Here in Cowtown we have some excellent craft brewers.
At the moment, I'm enjoying a Helles beer from Rahr, made right here in Fort Worth.

As it says on the can - Prost Y'all!

fa71498bfb39342d2533d374e6324db1.jpg

That's an interesting looking beer, David. I'm fascinated by all the craft beers popping up but so many are regional they're difficult to find. We just had our beer fest here in the Rocket City but I was unable to make it this year. I like your beer mug but it reminds me of a critic who once said, "if God had intended us to drink from Mason jars he would've put grooves in our lips."

DJH

I'll Lock Up
Bama, at the moment, there are two new craft breweries opening every day at a time when beer consumption is declining. It is obviously not a sustainable business and a lot of the new breweries won't make it.

The big thing they have going for them is the fact the product from the big two companies is not very good, so they are able to take market share for them. Others seem t have a business plan of building up some sales then selling to AB-InBev, which has acquired a bunch of craft brewers in the last year or so.

I guess the good news is that American beer is way better than it was when I first traveled to these shores back in the 80's. Oh, I love my mason jar glasses, I think I paid about $0.50 each for them :)

We just arrived home from a holiday in the SW of the US. Brought back a bottle of Cab Sauv from a winery in New Mexico not too far from Bloomfield in the north west corner. San Juan Winery, along the San Juan river just by Navajo Lakes Reservoir. I great winery and a great bottle of wine in the most improbably place. It sits at about 5000' and yes they manage to grow trheir own grapes. The wines are a mixture of their own grapes and others purchased elsewhere in the state. For us northerners...who knew NM had a cottage wine industry!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk