Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Dos Equis Ambers act Tuesday.

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1430.jpg

Believe it or not, Budweiser. Yes, you ready that correctly [emoji14]
If it's ice cold it's definitely drinkable. I've been downing a fair amount of it lately, myself. The dollar store down the street started selling beer and wine, and they have pint cans for a buck, but only sell AB products. The way my kids go through milk, bread, cereal, etc. I'm in there a couple times a week, usually on the way home from work, and it's just too easy to grab a couple instead of stopping somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

If it's ice cold it's definitely drinkable. I've been downing a fair amount of it lately, myself. The dollar store down the street started selling beer and wine, and they have pint cans for a buck, but only sell AB products. The way my kids go through milk, bread, cereal, etc. I'm in there a couple times a week, usually on the way home from work, and it's just too easy to grab a couple instead of stopping somewhere else.

I hear you there. No to mention the cost. As with everything else, beer and groceries are getting out of sight.

Things have gotten tight, so I need to make better cost saving choices, which means worse beer choices [emoji14]

And you are correct. Freezing cold, I did enjoy them.

Sadly, the Suburban maybe on the chopping block [emoji35]

I hear you there. No to mention the cost. As with everything else, beer and groceries are getting out of sight.

Things have gotten tight, so I need to make better cost saving choices, which means worse beer choices [emoji14]

And you are correct. Freezing cold, I did enjoy them.

Sadly, the Suburban maybe on the chopping block [emoji35]

I understand completely. Funds are low down here, too. I haven't had to hit the Natty Lights yet, but sometimes I'm close.

Hate to hear about the Suburban.

I understand completely. Funds are low down here, too. I haven't had to hit the Natty Lights yet, but sometimes I'm close.

Hate to hear about the Suburban.

Natty Light. Havent had that in years. That was my official beer while fishing 25+ years ago. Fond memories.

I have seen the Natty Daddy's (the 24 oz cans) at the gas stations, and I have to say, I love the name.

I am intrigued, but not yet tempted. Maybe I need to go fishing [emoji14]

I understand perfectly Dale & you're no worse for the wear. We've all been there. Hope I don't come off as a beer snob. I have a small financial investment in the liquor & beer distribution business. If we could all get together sometime I'm sure a case or two could "fall off the truck" for you.

I understand perfectly Dale & you're no worse for the wear. We've all been there. Hope I don't come off as a beer snob. I have a small financial investment in the liquor & beer distribution business. If we could all get together sometime I'm sure a case or two could "fall off the truck" for you.
Thanks Jack. That's mighty neighborly of you to offer.

Don't forget PBR and I ain't talking about the bull riding circuit.

The Wal-Mart in Mt. Grove (near the farm) carried PBR in a "Pounder Pack" of 24 for $15. It was my go-to cheap beer for chasing the first couple of micro-brews (or for immediately after mowing six acres). Last week they didn't have any in the cooler. Checked the warm beer isle...nothing. Asked a 20-something Wal-Mart associate (with a half-shaved head) if they had any PBR in the back. "What's PBR?" After explaining that it was Pabst Blue Ribbon beer (and wondering about the fate of the world in the current generation's hands) he stated that Wal-Mart has gone to corporate level buying. Local demand be damned.

Guess I'll be getting my PBR elsewhere.

On a separate note ... on the way to the local package store (for PBR) the bar across the street was advertising "Midget Wrestling". At least some things never change...

A cold Bud still works fine and, sadly, has a nostalgia pull as well. In an earlier post in this thread, I mentioned our $6 bottle of "French Table Wine" (that was what the label called it) and it wasn't bad at all (I forgot where I bought it, or I'd be back for more). It's fun to try and to have, now and then, some of the upscaled stuff - but simple and inexpensive beer and wine have a lot to say for themselves (and absolutely help the always under pressure budget - this city ain't cheap nor, I imagine, is anywhere).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari