Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

I drank green tea with dinner last night. My wife is on a weight loss kick and identifies wine as one thing that has to go. To support her I offered to not tempt her with a wine bottle on the table so green tea it is for now. I can always repair to my shop and sip a whiskey by myself so won't be completely dry.

I need to find a copy of that. I'm still looking for a good copy of Texas Boots. I have two of Tyler Beard's and want the one I don't have. I've got Jennifer June's little book as well. It's not bad.
The Justin book is useful in learning about the history of Justin & also about Nocona, Enid Justin & a couple of smaller companies that she & her husband started, then one started by her ex husband (going by memory); not so much about Tony Lama. I have a copy of Texas Boots, & the Tyler Beard books. I somehow had an extra new copy of Art of the Book that had never been opened that I gifted to Michael R. I never bought JJ's book.

I was in a tavern in Port Townsend WA last week that also offered a whisky bar. I engaged the waitress in a discussion on which Bourbon to order as I know nothing of the spirit. She was most helpful and she directed me to the most expensive on the list....Blantons. I ordered an expensive single and I gasped when she brought the glass to the table as it was at least a double if not a double and a half. It was a great drink and I was most pleased to discover she had only charged me for the single......good thing as even at that it cost more than the burger. Don't know if she wanted to help out a Bourbon newbie or just had a heavy hand all the time.
You didn't say if you were served the Blanton's neat or OTR. If it was served neat it is usually 1-1/2 to 2 ozs even though a dram is more like a 1/2 oz. It it was OTR they usually serve 2-3 ozs, a "double" is no more than 4 ozs. The profit margin is such that they usually give you a generous pour.

Glad you enjoyed it!

You didn't say if you were served the Blanton's neat or OTR. If it was served neat it is usually 1-1/2 to 2 ozs even though a dram is more like a 1/2 oz. It it was OTR they usually serve 2-3 ozs, a "double" is no more than 4 ozs. The profit margin is such that they usually give you a generous pour.

Glad you enjoyed it!
I ordered it neat to get the full flavour. I suspect it was about 4oz

Waiting out the rush hour with a few Sam Adams Winter Lagers.

IMG_2654.jpg

My kinda dinner. A pub/bar/diner that serves beer and that kind of food is a dream for me. Nothing resembling that within a 100 miles of here.
I love a good pot roast anytime or season. This one had a couple of scoops of garlic mash potatoes in the middle. My grandma made pot roast with root vegetables & small boiled potatoes. We would eat it on top of homemade biscuits sliced open. The best!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21