What Did You Drink Last Night?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by kiltie, Jan 14, 2009.

1. Enjoying some Old Forester Bottled in Bond in my recently thrifted Smokey the Bear glass. The only fire in this weather will be in my belly.

F5470150-8435-49A6-B6A5-3C412F4EB080.jpeg

2. Fading Fast

Fading Fast

I pushed the "like" button extra hard owing to the glass. We have a Smokey blanket and could easily be sucked into a few glasses.

BobHufford likes this.
  3. Bushman

Bushman My Mail is Forwarded Here

The last of the Moosehead beer.

4. belfastboy

belfastboy My Mail is Forwarded Here

I covet you glass!

BobHufford likes this.
  5. belfastboy

Probably not many here interested in my tale of woe but what the heck it is a slow rainy day here. On our recent trip to Scotland my wife agreed to accompany on my whisky tasting endeavours. She promised that she would do her best to develop a tolerance for the taste. She has gone well beyond a mere tolerance for an actuall fondness for a dram. Now I sadly proclaim, that in the encouragement, have created a monster and now am faced with sharing my whisky collection with said wife. So last night we drank my 12 yr old Aberlour.

6. 1961MJS

1961MJS My Mail is Forwarded Here

Hi, while no longer in a Scotch whisky phase I feel your pain. The last sentence makes it sound like there WAS 12 year old Aberlour and now there's NONE. Thanks to this place, I've swapped to Rye whiskeys of varying proofs...

Later

RBH and BobHufford like this.
  7. belfastboy

Having been blessed or cursed with the collectors gene.....I dare not stray into Bourbon or Whiskey....can't afford adding anymore collectibles to the list.

8. Mimosa Christmas wishes from Don and me.

B39D7632-AF47-4DF4-A59C-3A9870A943C0.jpeg

9. M Brown

M Brown One of the Regulars

Glenlivet Nadura

10. Just somethin’ in a can...

upload_2019-12-27_18-44-37.jpeg

Short Balding Guy and RBH like this.
  11. Guinness

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6806.jpg

IMG_6810.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

A good barkeep always knows when to set the next.

12. crawlinkingsnake

crawlinkingsnake One of the Regulars

Hurricane Jack likes this.
  13. Thanks CKS! It was a beautiful glass & pour...sign of a good barkeep. I'm sure they are just for show but in this bar they have a couple of 1 liter Guinness tankards. That would be over 33 ounces!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  14. J. Rieger's original place back open.

IMG_6989.PNG

crawlinkingsnake, RBH and BobHufford like this.
  15. GHT

GHT I'll Lock Up

There's a couple whom we have known for many years, that run a 17th century inn, it's more restaurant than pub. The fellow has a fine Scotch Whisky collection, some he buys and sells, some he keeps and some gets sold, by the glass, at the bar. He has also got something of a Bourbon collection and I just happened to notice a 1954 JD.

One thing that I noticed was the bottle reads that it contains one litre, note litre. When I bought a litre bottle of JD at the airport before flying home, the litre bottle had the American spelling 'liter.' I didn't say anything, it is after all his choice, but I am curious as to whether his 1954 bottle of JD is actually the real thing.
    jd 1954.jpg

BobHufford likes this.
  16. crawlinkingsnake

crawlinkingsnake One of the Regulars

Even though I'm not much of a brown liquor guy.... I've got an old friend who's a BIG fan of the Reverend Elijah. Swears it's the best there is. I'll take his word for it. Thanks Bob, my buddy would be proud.

BobHufford likes this.
  17. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Enjoying a full tea pot of delicious apple-tea, right now.

18. Granite City's coffee cream Ale.

IMG_6880.jpg

IMG_6884.jpg

IMG_6886.jpg

IMG_6885.jpg

IMG_6881.jpg

19. dh66

dh66

Last night was my first and last time to try a hard seltzer. I can't remember the brand, but it tasted like a sprite that had been poured over ice and then left sitting on the coffee table all night.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk