Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

The one from the North

One of the Regulars
New to me, Ukrainian honey pepper vodka. Nice with ice and makes a delicious screwdriver with fresh orange juice.

Attachments

• 20230808_100233.jpg
    20230808_100233.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 46

Edward

Bartender
That’s what needs grandma‘s remedy.

Kid’s version:
Two raw eggs, stirred with two teaspoons of sugar and a good dash of red wine.
Then getting stuffed into bed wearing the thickest available pajama, sweating it all out until next morning.

Adult version:
Replace the red wine with brown booze, Cognac or Rum, rest is all the same.

Sounds like it would do the trick. In my end of Ireland, the Hot Whiskey was the go-to. One shot whiskey with lemon, cloves, and topped up with hot water. Some folks also liked to add sugar or a spoonful of honey. It's more pleasant than a Lemsip!

Our local craft brew establishment has as their new summer offering........slushies you can add to whatever brew you wish.

There is a choice of a beer based slush or a fruitier version. I am hoping that none of my beer drinking buddies read this but I enjoy them added to a Lager on a hot summer's day. They even come with a paper umbrella and a straw.

Turnip

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Back in Germany, stopping over in Baden and sitting in a garden restaurant late in the evening.it had to be a nice quarter of local, dry, fruity Rosé.

Turnip

No, not really, sorry. As kids we bought Kellergeister, Paderborner Handgranades and Sangria there. But I remember well the time when i later bought that wonderful Rosé d‘Anjou for just 9,- Francs in a Côte d’Azur Carrefour.
9,- Fancs have been ~3,- DM if I remember right.

Edith: I remember even better when girlie and I enjoyed it on the terrace of our little studio on the roof of a bakery in the small bay of Le Lavandou, along with a nice gilt-head in a self made Sugo with goat cheese and some excellent French Baguette. In a warm summer night under clear skies and a Mediterranean moon.

Last edited:
We have a local 'Farmers Market' in our town each Thursday. It seems to be at least half occupied by craft distillers, brewers of beer, mead, cider and then candy makers and bakers. Not many farmers unless they are masquerading as moonshiners. Bought a little bottle of whiskey, overpriced, not great, so have taken to drinking it with ginger ale. Lots of ice, ginger ale and a goodly splash of the whiskey and it is an acceptable summer drink.

Something I would never ever do with any half decent whiskey or whisky.

Turnip

Having experienced so many lousy mix drinks with the years I came to two conclusions:
I don’t order any cocktail anywhere away anymore and just take a beer or water instead.
I wouldn’t ever use or buy cheap booze for mixing, but always take what’s in my stock instead. In my opinion only good ingredients make good drinks.

And there's one thing, I never comprehend.
There are fruity (supermarket) liquors, going into your head too fast and there are others, which you don't get drunk from.
The second kind are same alcohol level, 16 to 20%. But where's the alcohol hidden, when you don't feel it much?? And I'm still a slim person, which cannot tolerate much alcohol, normally!

Are there differences in the alcohol quality??

Beer (two bottles), 5,0% = drunk
Vodka-Blood Orange 17,5% = drunk
Sour Cherry liquor, 16% = not drunk
Vodka-Woodruff, 18% = not drunk

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
I had the Sunny D vodka seltzer for the first time and I have to say it tastes just like the Sunny Delight I remember as a kid, which is both good and bad because the flavor is there and it's not very carbonated, which I appreciate, but it has almost no alcohol taste or bite and its a standard 5% I believe.

Not bad though and I'm not a seltzer person.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner