Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

SteveAS

Practically Family
John in Covina said:
Unusual for a distillery to make a special offering that doesn't rate very well.

I should only have said, "I don't like it much." I haven't heard or read anyone else's opinion on it.

John in Covina said:
If it's barrel strength is the proof very high? Often the high proof bourbons need a little water to open them up flavor wise.

The proof is high-ish, but low-ish as barrel proof American whiskies go. If I remember right (I don't have the bottle in front of me), it's just over 120 proof. I have a particular fondness for and drink mostly barrel proof American whiskies (like George T Stagg, Thomas H Handy, William LaRue Weller, other Four Roses single barrels Parker Heritage, several private bottlings, . . .), so I don't think it's the proof that's the problem for me. I just don't care for this particular bottling's flavor profile.

lord_k

One of the Regulars
Campogrande Orvieto Classico (white, dry but rather sweet-ish).
orvieto_campogrande07.jpg

Good for one of the last really warm days.

Smuterella

One Too Many
Last night, white wine.

Tonight though, I'm experimenting and have put together a "Luigi" - following a recipe from 1925 (gin, triple sec, grenadine, vermouth and orange juice).

Not bad, a lurid pink colour but drinkable.

OneAndOnly

Familiar Face
It sounds disgusting but I had mixture of red wine and coca cola with slices of lemon and orange in it. Not sure what type of red wine but it was very drinkable...

jmrtnko

Familiar Face
Smuterella said:
Tonight though, I'm experimenting and have put together a "Luigi" - following a recipe from 1925 (gin, triple sec, grenadine, vermouth and orange juice).
Sounds like a sweetened Bronx. I love that there are cocktail recipes and books from smack-dab in the middle of Prohibition.

Smuterella

One Too Many
jmrtnko said:
Sounds like a sweetened Bronx. I love that there are cocktail recipes and books from smack-dab in the middle of Prohibition.

I know! I was going to have a Bronx but I have a huge bottle of grenadine to get through. ;)

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Here's one for ya.

Drunk One: "That's the best drink I've had since Thursday"

Drunk Two: "Thursday?"

DrunkOne: "Yes I am, let's have another drink"

Think about it. Gotta love old reruns

jmrtnko

Familiar Face
Feh... it's been a tough, tough day, so there's been a Negroni (with Lillet Rouge and Aperol, no Campari thankyouverymuch) and an Aviation.

Now? I'm home and thinking... Martinez.

Oh yeah. Martinez hitting the spot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24