Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

And ... ?

Which one?

Cuz, I reckon it was just their basic bourbon. It wasn't the rye or the small batch. And Bob, it hit the spot. I was a little put off by the fact that it smelled like a shot glass full of maple syrup, but it surprisingly wasn't that sweet and, at 100 proof, had some punch. It left a nice warm feeling down the belly, which was appreciated on a cold night. It definitely wasn't as smooth as the Basil Hayden's, which is produced by the same distillery, and honestly, for the money, when this is gone I likely won't visit it again.

Tonight I sampled the Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select. I far preferred it over the Knob Creek. Smooth like I would expect from Jack, but nicely warming afterward.

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Cuz, I reckon it was just their basic bourbon. It wasn't the rye or the small batch. It left a nice warm feeling down the belly, which was appreciated on a cold night. It definitely wasn't as smooth as the Basil Hayden's, which is produced by the same distillery, and honestly, for the money, when this is gone I likely won't visit it again.

Last summer I received a gift bottle of Angel Wings bourbon for a winning tip at the track,
and it tasted remarkably like Wild Turkey 101. The AW root beer I suspect is much lower than the bird.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
So while preparing to move in the winter/spring of 2019, I came across a 2006 Vintage Fullers ale my dad bought me for Christmas that year. Our daughter was six months old.

My dad died in September 2008, and it was always the plan to open it up and drink a toast to his memory on his birthday one year.

Well, he would have been 100 last December 14th. Our family had planned an event, but our provincial government put an end to that.

I came across the bottle in box last week clearing out boxes, and together with Christmas malt from my wife, I opened up and did some hot tubbing in dad's memory. Eldest daughter turns 15 in June. Youngest is 12 and not alive when the ale was bottled.

Tasting notes on the 14 year-old ale - DO NOT WAIT 14 years to drink an ale. Caramel on steroids.

Yes, I finished it, but for one small splash on the ground for dad.

Mr. C

20210113_143923.jpg
20210113_143941.jpg
20210113_143956.jpg

Last edited:
We went for a drive in the country and supported the local economy by buying from the Mom & Pop stores in the area along the way. That included a t-shirt and a couple of six-packs of local brewery offerings from Roy’s Store in Dora, Missouri. They have a pretty diverse selection as they are swarmed with college students from KC and St Louis in the summer “float trip” season.

Both of these beers were new to me. Somehow one of the Piney River Brewing (Bucyrus, Missouri) Cerveza Rios “evaporated” on the ride home, but what little of the mist I tasted was very good. :rolleyes: This will definitely be in my rotation this Summer.
upload_2021-1-23_19-40-12.png

https://pineyriverbrewing.com/beer/cerveza-rio/

The Revelation Dry Stout from Public House Brewing in St. James, Missouri was also a winner. I’ll be looking for more of this next week.

upload_2021-1-23_19-43-13.jpeg

11944A63-3D01-423C-828A-089AE0E0D002.jpeg

1961MJS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hi, sooooo I remember Michelob Dry, and several other 15 years ago dry beers. They were mostly lagers if memory serves and were decent for lagers. Stouts are COMMONLY robust ales that are either sweet or possibly hoppy. What's up with a Dry Stout? I'll see if the cellar has some.
Later

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112