Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

Caroline

One of the Regulars
filfoster said:
Anyone ever have one AT Trader Vics?

not yet, though it's a goal for 2009 :) - either Las Vegas or the Dallas TV. There aren't quite as many Trader Vics anymore.

Oh - last night was a Vinho Verde - made me very tiltly and ill tempered, and not that tasty either.

filfoster

One Too Many
Trader Vic's

Caroline said:
not yet, though it's a goal for 2009 :) - either Las Vegas or the Dallas TV. There aren't quite as many Trader Vics anymore.

Oh - last night was a Vinho Verde - made me very tiltly and ill tempered, and not that tasty either.

Not to go too far afield on this thread on Trader Vic's but there was also one in the Palmer House in Chicago.

kiltie

Practically Family
Well, I'm about to rack out, and it's a new day. Last night ( an hour and a half ago ) all I had in the house besides the hard stuff was a bottle of white wine unfit for a masochist. I choked down a glass while cruising ebay and this forum, because that's how exciting I am!!!

Kermez

A-List Customer
maggiethespy said:
Hot chocolate with extra marshmallows enjoyed by the fireplace while I knitted.

I think I'm 90.

90-year old women are not supposed to look as good as you. They are suppossed to look like Jack Pallance.

If Jack Pallance looked like you, I would date Jack Pallance.

:D

maggiethespy

A-List Customer
Kermez said:
90-year old women are not supposed to look as good as you. They are suppossed to look like Jack Pallance.

If Jack Pallance looked like you, I would date Jack Pallance.

:D

Thank you, you're too kind ;)

filfoster

One Too Many
What am I drinking tonight?

No one cares but Mrs Foster, but to start while I cooked the best chuck roast of my life, ( potatoes, -note the 'e', Dan Quayle, carrots, onions, two cups wine and a jigger of Worcestershire, 4 tbsps Kosher salt and 3 of coarse ground black pepper, all in a Dutch Oven, cooked at 350 degrees for 4 hours with 3 bay leaves on top), one stiff Bloody Mary with a Schlitz beer chaser,( Oh, all right, I had a second beer, happy now?) cheap red wine (Glen Ellen 2006 Cabernet Reserve) for the meal and now). Great buzz on while I anticipate The Third Man and some Hedda Gabbler or Blade Runner, while "she who must be obeyed' watches 'Desperate Housewives'. Fine. I love being an 'empty nester' now. I am sure our two daughters away at school (eldest a Senior at UK and younger a Frosh at USC 'University of South Carolina' at Columbia), are glad to have their own entertainment!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran