Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

babs

A-List Customer
st04.jpg

Gaelic Ale by Highland Brew... If you're anywhere near NC, get a hold of any of their beers. Great great stuff. I went to high school with their Brew Master and VP. Awesome guy and a real craftsman. Truly dedicated to making the best product he can. I've sampled a few.. He owes me a few brain cells actually. hehe :)

Boodles

A-List Customer
Thanks Mr Bentley

Ethan Bentley said:
I use Schweppes mini cans which will do two singles or one double Gin and Tonic. I usually can get through at least one can and so there's none left to go flat.

I'll have to look for the mini cans in my part of the world. I can buy the small bottles but have been a bit reluctant to do that because of the amount of containers which pile up but I'm afraid I just end up tossing a lot of the tonic because it goes flat before I use up the 1 liter plastic bottles. The mini cans or even the mini bottles are almost certainly the ticket. Thanks for reminding me.

Chiliarches

A-List Customer
Not a drink-for-pleasure night, so used my "everyday" stuff...G&T made with Gordon's, V&T made with Stolichnaya, and a Kamikaze...

My girlfriend convinced me to sign us up for dance lessons...but she has not yet convinced me to attend them while sober. :rolleyes:

Boodles

A-List Customer
Highland Brewing

babs said:
st04.jpg

Gaelic Ale by Highland Brew... If you're anywhere near NC, get a hold of any of their beers. Great great stuff. I went to high school with their Brew Master and VP. Awesome guy and a real craftsman. Truly dedicated to making the best product he can. I've sampled a few.. He owes me a few brain cells actually. hehe :)

You have had speaks with Mr Wong, I presume? A most interesting chap, with an interesting story. For those of us who enjoy beer I am eternally grateful for the likes of Oscar Wong.

Black Mountain and Mr Wong, Asheville and Jack-O-the-Wood (Green Man), Fairview and the remnants of Harrell Land Rover (Waynesville in a former life). Most excellent.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
Miller MGD 64. Yes, the challenge has been met: a beer even more tasteless than Michelob Ultra. And my dad, who will try anything with the word "light" on it at least once, bought a 12-pak of the stuff.

Avoid at all costs.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Fletch said:
Miller MGD 64. Yes, the challenge has been met: a beer even more tasteless than Michelob Ultra.

How ever does Michelob, Anheuser-Busch justify the use the of the word ultra in naming that beer?.. besides the obvious...

Uff Da

New in Town
I had a couple glasses of Dry Amontillado Sherry while munching on a variation of olives. Very good indeed. :)

Boodles

A-List Customer
MGD 64. Phatooey

Fletch said:
Miller MGD 64. Yes, the challenge has been met: a beer even more tasteless than Michelob Ultra. And my dad, who will try anything with the word "light" on it at least once, bought a 12-pak of the stuff.

Avoid at all costs.
He bought a 12 pak without tasting one! Mercy. I am a person who will order up a regular Miller, the real Miller High Life, if I'm in some dive where off the peg American beers are the order of the day, but I've never warmed up to MGD. I have not nor will I ever try the 64 grade stuff. Good grief
:eek:fftopic: Fletch, begging your indulgence, is that a gray shirt you are wearing with linen suit, like gunmetal gray? Sorry to stray from the course.

Feathers

Familiar Face
Miller High Life in my husband's great-grandmother's beer glasses...it never tasted so good!

P.S. MGD 64 is H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E. My hubbie and I made the mistake of buying a 12 pack mostly just due to cost and we were soooo disappointed! For shame, Miller, for shame...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy