Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Did You Drink Last Night?

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
T Smith said:
Update, this stuff is awful! Tastes like they set fire to the barrel, then strained it through peat moss and dirt, then maybe cut it with shoe polish.

Sounds like it`s not near enough....or way too much! lol :eek:

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
lol You forgot to mention the iodine.
Ain't that a flavour? Absolutely marvellous stuff ! I read somewhere that Laphroaigh was considered medicinal and therefore it was still available during the prohibition. Better than Hub's Jamiaca Ginger anyway.
T Smith said:
Update, this stuff is awful! Tastes like they set fire to the barrel, then strained it through peat moss and dirt, then maybe cut it with shoe polish.

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
rumblefish said:
First time trying?

I had drunk a smallish shot of Fernet-Branca slightly over a year ago with Paddy and FedoraGent in North Beach, SF, and I had liked it fine as a "before the serious drinking stomach coater." However, last night the friends I was drinking with, poured about 6 ounces in a glass for me. Rather gross. Too much.

T Smith

Familiar Face
Mysterious Mose said:
lol You forgot to mention the iodine.
Ain't that a flavour? Absolutely marvellous stuff ! I read somewhere that Laphroaigh was considered medicinal and therefore it was still available during the prohibition. Better than Hub's Jamiaca Ginger anyway.

This was my first foray into an Islay, think I'll stick with the highland Speysides..

rumblefish

One Too Many
Doran said:
I had drunk a smallish shot of Fernet-Branca slightly over a year ago with Paddy and FedoraGent in North Beach, SF, and I had liked it fine as a "before the serious drinking stomach coater." However, last night the friends I was drinking with, poured about 6 ounces in a glass for me. Rather gross. Too much.
My friends from Argentina drink Fernet Branca, always with cola. As a matter of fact, if you ask for it from them you'll get with cola automatically. I like neat, but for sure, two ounces will do.
This is similar, and I think superior: https://www.underberg.com/index/en/flash/Intro-Flash.html
I get this from a German butcher, I've never even seen it in a liquor store. It only comes in tiny bottles.;)

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
rumblefish said:
My friends from Argentina drink Fernet Branca, always with cola. As a matter of fact, if you ask for it from them you'll get with cola automatically. I like neat, but for sure, two ounces will do.
This is similar, and I think superior: https://www.underberg.com/index/en/flash/Intro-Flash.html
I get this from a German butcher, I've never even seen it in a liquor store. It only comes in tiny bottles.;)

Underberg!! what a flashback.. I had to drink a bottle when I had a tummyache as a kid, I thought it tasted horrible though.

rumblefish

One Too Many
Darhling said:
Underberg!! what a flashback.. I had to drink a bottle when I had a tummyache as a kid, I thought it tasted horrible though.
Champers & Underberg???[huh]
Nah...;)

How about a Negroni topped with Champagne? Mmmmm...

Darhling

Call Me a Cab
rumblefish said:
Champers & Underberg???[huh]
Nah...;)

How about a Negroni topped with Champagne? Mmmmm...

lol lol I prefer the champers.. But will keep the negroni in mind for the weekend. Have you ever had an English 75? Very nice indeed.

Boodles

A-List Customer
Meyer lemons

Say, Rumble, what is the story on the Meyer lemons? I can see that those are large but is there more to it than that? I tried a couple to use for twists but the rind was not the greatest.

Are you able to find Luxardo for the Aviation?

rumblefish said:
Aviation; with a nice fat Meyer lemon for the juice!

rumblefish

One Too Many
Boodles said:
Say, Rumble, what is the story on the Meyer lemons? I can see that those are large but is there more to it than that? I tried a couple to use for twists but the rind was not the greatest.

Are you able to find Luxardo for the Aviation?
Tons of juice from one lemon, and to me, a little less aspirin tasting. And yes, the rind is useless. Almost oil free.;)

I order my Luxardo along with the creme de violette from http://www.drinkupny.com/, they actually have an Aviation kit.:eusa_clap
Free shipping over $99, easy- right to your door! Just got to be there to sign.

How about you? Someplace local?
I love the look I get when I ask for stuff like; Slivovitz, poire williams, kirschwasser, maraschino at my local spots. :D

D-503

Familiar Face
grundie said:
Several bottles of Smithwicks.

300 years old this year. My word it's gassy.

Never cared a whole lot for Smithwicks, but it's tough to get a good Irish ale (even Bass isn't all that great).

Ephraim Tutt

One Too Many
A bit of Tasmanian cider

This aint no soft drink....

Mercury-Cider-bottle-large.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy