Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did YOU get for Christmas?

scooter

Practically Family
My betrothed always finds new ways to pleasantly surprise me. This Christmas she bought me a customizable hat rack for the entry foyer to our house. She took photos of my daughters, granddaughter and herself, to make it my very own. Any gifts you gents care to share?

IMG_1280.JPG

granddaughter EB
IMG_1286.JPG

daughter Lacey
IMG_1287.JPG

daughter Megan
IMG_1288.JPG

my beloved, Liz
IMG_1290.JPG

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
Well, I cant say that I got it "as a Christmas present" But I did inherit a hardly[maybe 4 times] worn(My grandparents on both sides of the family are guilty of this) Royal Stetson. It's a dark brown one, but I haven't seen anything this brand new, its all most perfect... to perfect. My grandma said that she used to go around the house wearing it and play gangster with her brother and two sisters, and for that when my great grandpa died she inherited it from him. By that time it was the mid 80's and fedoras were out of style so he never wore it. And found it again when they moved up to Tennessee from Florida.

scooter

Practically Family
Very nice, Inspector. No one in my family wears hats big enough to fit me, so I'm out of luck no matter what!

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
XD Well its quite funny you would bring that up. Every hat that I have received is exactly 7 1/8. I find it quite interesting that my head fits that size perfectly especially when Im driving down the highway at 70 mph. It's not tight but its snug and I don't have to worry about it flying of my head.

Last edited:

The Inspector

One of the Regulars
I would love one of those, but Im the only one in my family that were's hats(professionally of course). So I wouldn't be able to talk my dad into buying one. Anyways that is a neat thing there and the little one looks like she is going to be a collector some day! And have a Merry Christmas evening.

Blackthorn

I'll Lock Up
My betrothed always finds new ways to pleasantly surprise me. This Christmas she bought me a customizable hat rack for the entry foyer to our house. She took photos of my daughters, granddaughter and herself, to make it my very own. Any gifts you gents care to share?

IMG_1280.JPG
That is the coolest hat rack EVER!!!!!

granddaughter EB
IMG_1286.JPG

daughter Lacey
IMG_1287.JPG

daughter Megan
IMG_1288.JPG

my beloved, Liz
IMG_1290.JPG
That is the coolest hat rack EVER!!!

job

One Too Many
My wife got me a camera. She has heard me complain when I want to download a picture and there is 50 pictures already on the camera. Now I have my own to keep up. Great gift.

jbucklin

Practically Family
I assume many of you have seen my trio of Borsalinos that could be considered, so I won't include those shots. However, I just gave a couple of my very first hats to my brother Daniel---a Toyo Straw Belfry, and a Goorin Brothers straw. They look way better on him than on me!

downsized_1226011012.jpg

downsized_1226011015.jpg

suitedcboy

One Too Many
XD Well its quite funny you would bring that up. Every hat that I have received is exactly 7 1/8. I find it quite interesting that my head fits that size perfectly especially when Im driving down the highway at 70 mph. It's not tight but its snug and I don't have to worry about it flying of my head.

I assume you have an open top car with the top dropped? I never run the fan in my trucks or cars high enough to blow my loose fitting hats off : )

Neil

A-List Customer
Nothing for my head. Thing is, I looked at my hat collection this past year, said to hell with it, and sold 14 out of sixteen of them, some for massive profits. (Optimos I bought at $150 selling for $400). Fact is, I realized I was wearing my hat out to my car, taking it off, driving to work, putting it on in the garage, wearing it to my office, taking it off, and repeating it all in reverse later. Meaning wearing these expensive hats maybe ten minutes a day. So I pocketed a few grand, and I'm a happy buckaroo. I have one grey, one navy. That's it. Been clean and sober for months.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy