Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What did YOU get for Christmas?

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
I got no hats for Christmas...unless you count this six month old, still unworn, Heritage Camp Draft...now back from Optimo and ready for service.

1224111509a.jpg

AF

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Although not vintage, I got a new external hard drive. My computer is so jammed up that I'm going to remove 90% of the files on it, in other words, leave only what I use with any regularity. The new xhd is to supplement my other xhd so that if one fails, I still have all my files.

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
I received... a bench grinder. Not sure where my wife got the idea I needed one, and I probably wouldn't have bought one for myself because it's one of those things that the average guy doesn't need very often. I am sure, however, that when I need one I'll be very glad to have it! She also gave me some monogrammed handkerchiefs on which she did the monogramming herself.

I was supposed to buy a varmint rifle for myself (coyotes are an issue) but haven't gotten around to it. I also picked up a Sony wireless speaker that I will be able to use to listen to music from my computer anywhere in the house, such as when I'm working down in the basement.

Best of all, though, we had our daughter home for Christmas. This was a big thing for us as the last time she was in our house before last week we'd had her arrested for stealing from us over three years ago. She's been clean for 18 months, is working on rebuilding her life in a program up in Columbus and is doing well.

Regards,
Tom

barrowjh

One Too Many
The only surprise I got was this T-shirt from my son Richie, Linda, and my 3 Grand-daughters Emma, Hannah, & Marissa. It has a tag in it for idakoos.com; I visited that site and they offer customizable Ts.
Picture118.jpg

masiaka

Familiar Face
Best of all, though, we had our daughter home for Christmas. This was a big thing for us as the last time she was in our house before last week we'd had her arrested for stealing from us over three years ago. She's been clean for 18 months, is working on rebuilding her life in a program up in Columbus and is doing well.

Regards,
Tom
That does sound like a really nice Christmas present. Knowing your daughter is doing better, and getting to see her again after all this time.

LocktownDog

Call Me a Cab
My ex wouldn't chip in for anything for my sons to get me (or even drive them anywhere to buy anything with what little money they have). However, they took the time to write me a heartfelt letter and one of them walked nearly a mile to the convenience store to buy me a gift card to Lowes. It was the greatest christmas I can ever remember having.

Best presents I have ever heard about. Way to go 'Dog! GREAT kids...
My ex wouldn't chip in for anything for my sons to get me (or even drive them anywhere to buy anything with what little money they have). However, they took the time to write me a heartfelt letter and one of them walked nearly a mile to the convenience store to buy me a gift card to Lowes. It was the greatest christmas I can ever remember having.

My youngest daughter got married several years ago..and has two boys plus a 12 yr old stepdaughter who made us a card for Christmas.
"Dear Grandpa and Grandpa,
You guys are so fun.You always let the boys and I come to your house and spend the night and play.
I love you so much for taking me in as your own!
Love
Leah "

I was so touched..that I grabbed her and hugged her tight..and said...'Well you will always be our own..no matter what'...!

She is such a sweet little girl that I engraved this jewelry box for her birthday...

IMG_0524-1.jpg

IMG_0534-1.jpg

She loves butterflies.
HD

Last edited:

scooter

Practically Family
Gents, you are a lucky bunch! There are some truly truly moving stories on here, and you are to be congratulated for having the wherewithal to recognize and appreciate your good fortune. I, too, am such a lucky fellow.

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Actually, my Christmas gift is still yet to come. Jackie's father turned eighty this year and everyone in his family is a rabid Packers fan. For his combined birthday and Christmas present, Jackie bought tickets for six of us to attend the Packers/Lions game at Lambeau on New Year's day. We fly up early Thursday. I think the game will be televised only regionally...but if it does go national...look for me a few rows up behind the Packers' bench. I'll be the only guy there who's dressed from head to toe in deer hunting camo, and who is screaming his head off with a Southern drawl.

AF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn