Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Do They All Think Of Your Vintage?

APP Adrian

A-List Customer
People think I'm a rich snob =(. I don't understand I buy most of my clothes from thrift stores and spend responsibly yet people judge me harshly.

I try to be nice to everyone but people will judge you in a negative way no matter what.

So to each their own I guess.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
People think I'm a rich snob =(. I don't understand I buy most of my clothes from thrift stores and spend responsibly yet people judge me harshly.

I try to be nice to everyone but people will judge you in a negative way no matter what.

How do you know people think you're a rich snob?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
You could always try and get your G/F a job at The Aero Leather Clothing Company, then she can feed you, your leather addiction, heavily discounted.

I like it.

Dear Ken/John/Hitoshi/Stu/Gary:

Attractive, vivacious and highly skilled woman seeks employment. Do you need a bookkeeper/receptionist/janitor/mannequin/masseuse? WILL WORK FOR LEATHER. Available immediately.

Superfluous

Maybe its his shirt:

rich_snob_ash_grey_tshirt.jpg

APP Adrian

A-List Customer

Beggars on the street keep asking me for money =/. I always say no and they insult me. I would rather donate to charity and volunteer instead of being a free bank to beggars.

Also I might just be over thinking things.

tropicalbob

Listen to "I'm Not Like Everybody Else" by the Kinks. Ray Davies is a saint.

Doctor Damage

I'll Lock Up
Also I might just be over thinking things.
That was my point in asking my question. I've run across this sort of self-consciousness (and self-absorption) a lot on other clothing forums, so I recognized it immediately. I can assure you that 99.9999% of people don't notice what you're wearing, and if they do, don't care. Also you might be overdressing - suits and ties are great, but not 100% of the time. This applies to all of us, not just you, of course!

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
That was my point in asking my question. I've run across this sort of self-consciousness (and self-absorption) a lot on other clothing forums, so I recognized it immediately. I can assure you that 99.9999% of people don't notice what you're wearing, and if they do, don't care. Also you might be overdressing - suits and ties are great, but not 100% of the time. This applies to all of us, not just you, of course!

That is so right. But there is also a group of people who insist on wearing very strange, but let's be kind and call them anachronistic items - top hats, pince nez, spats - to a local steakhouse for a friend's birthday and they wonder why people are looking at them funny. For me there is a difference between enjoying vintage and wearing a funny looking costume. Where people draw the line on this will vary and it is also situation dependent.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters