Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you collect other than Hats

shazzabanazza

Practically Family
Largely aviation and military history but I'm a history buff in general. I also collect vintage technical, how-to, and hobby books -- particularly on model airplanes.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/victorbrunswick

Your into British trolley buses! So is my father, he likes British trolleys. He has built a trolley bus layout :)

You have a very impressive collection! I wouldn't mind having a read of "The Art of the Puppet" I went to a toy collectors fair last month and had my eye on a puppet that was for sale, in the end I didnt buy him and Im regreting that decision now : (

p51

One Too Many
I collect all kinds of stuff and have way too many interests. Primarily I collect US WW2 stuff, focusing on ordnance and weapons:

OlyAirshow08display.jpg

I have a VERY extensive collection of items associated with WW2 cartoonist Bill Mauldin, including a first edition of every book he ever wrote, along with a few personal items and a couple of his sketches.

Along those line, I have a very large collection of WW2 US war correspondent stuff:

WarCoOriginalStuff.jpg

And some WW2 US military railroad stuff:

MRS.jpg

I also collect stuff from defunct sci-fi TV shows, some of which might not be familiar to many people:

Santiniflightsuit.jpg

BSG-BDUtop.jpg

winslowFSfront.jpg

I also am into real and scale trains, building up rolling stock for a O scale narrow gauge layout I’ll be building this year:

On30Cars.jpg

As I own a WW2 Jeep and love animation, I collect anything from the character of “Sarge” from the Cars movies. This only a small part of my stuff:

JeepToyShelf.jpg

And of course, I collect a lot of Jeep stuff relating to my largest of toys:

JeepRide8June09.jpg

I also collect things associated with the American Freedom Train (goggle it for more info), which I saw as a young kid in 1976.

I also collect things from the East Tennessee & Western north Carolina RR, which was a 3-foot gauge RR in that area. I’m currently gathering models of it for my model RR layout mentioned above.

I also have a pretty large gathering of stuff for Dale Mabry Army Airfield, a WW2 fighter training base in the town I was raised in, in Florida.

1930artdeco

Practically Family
I have had to stop collecting for now as I am into building a garage for my Model A:( But, when I do collect things I tend towards antique automotive items, WW II Navy and 13th AF things for family reasons. Or if I need something for the kitchen or house I tend to buy antique items for their quality and beauty.

Mike

jkingrph

Practically Family
Some old handtools, Safety Razors and associated items, brushes, mugs, and my first love, guns, both modern and old, my oldest being a fully functioning 1873 Swiss Vetterli, converted from rimfire to centerfire which I still shoot.

Derek Cavin

One of the Regulars
Original comic art. I'm neither a doctor or a lawyer so my modest income buys pages with good storytelling or I commission artwork. I also read comic books and sell or give away ones I don't want to keep and collect the ones I do. I am currently attempting to get every Iron Man from the original series (1968).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran