Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you collect other than Hats

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Hi all I hope this thread goes better then the last one I started. So I have the collecting gene I get one thing that I like and then I need more and I start reading and researching and buying and collecting and well I think a lot of us here know the cycle. So what else do you collect?

I collect Lionel Trains and Walt Disney Trading Pins, at one time fine wine but after the kids came I drank more then I bought. and yes I have a S&^%* Load of Ball Caps don't tell anyone.:D

Jeff

Mobile Vulgus

One Too Many
Photography between 1830 and 1900
American Political buttons of presidential contests from between 1898 and present
Civil War artifacts
...and fedoras... well, to a degree, anyway. I don't "collect" them in the same way I collect the other things because I use them on a daily basis. The other things I collect are not for constant use but for display.

monbla256

Call Me a Cab
As far as the term 'collector" I'm afraid I'm not truly one. I do aspire to aquire multiples of something but only in a sense of using it, not to aquire just to have "one of those" . In this sense, I have "collected" Post War European and American Fountain Pens as well as watches, owning ONLY usable examples and using them on a daily basis. :) So all my hats are "wearers" for me and I'm really more liking the varieties in the Panama hat world!! :)

Onward thru the Fog

danofarlington

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My grandfather's side business of being an antique dealer oriented me to antiques. As an adult, after becoming interested in single malt Scotch whisky, while cruising antique stores for general purpose I began to notice antique American glasses, and in particular whiskey glasses. I bought them to use, not to put in a case (as my grandfather did with a lot of fancy glassware). There is something about drinking whiskey out of a whiskey glass that someone who is long dead, perhaps of the Civil War era or before, also drank whiskey out of, no doubt thinking many of the same thoughts that cross my mind while sipping the drink. I don't know why that appeals to me, but it does. Now I have half a dozen or so antique whiskey glasses and barware. They are not necessarily attractive glasses for show, but as others have said, I bought them to use and have no interest in their show value.

Last edited:

hathead

New in Town
I buy and sell vintage guitar amplifiers from the 40's 50's and 60's. I mostly buy and sell to upgrade my current collection. I have or have sold almost every type of Fender tweed, Valcos, Harmony, and many other brands at one time or another. They all get played because I am a player also. Recently I have been selling them off to fund a few high end acoustic guitars.

bowlerman

I'll Lock Up
This is fun-- At one time I collected sunglasses, of all shapes and colors, etc., and cheapies were fine, as well as nice ones. Now I only have 6 or 8 of them left-- many were either lost or tossed by my wife...
Currently I also collect tobacco pipes, and yes they need to be functional, not merely displayable, even considering that I don't smoke all that often. Again, primarily for variety-- most of them aren't super high grades, though I have a few real gems. I tend to avoid the real budget ones though.

_RAGNAR_

One of the Regulars
I collect books, I don't have pictures but somewhere around 1000 hardcover non-fiction would be a good guess.

I collect guns both WWII and modern, this is a SMALL sampling.

DSC07309.jpg

DSC07311.jpg

549a67b7.jpg

612cb6f9.jpg

8d673b38.jpg

eb64656c.jpg

431516e7.jpg

CAWWII2007173.jpg

Kaonashi

Familiar Face
I collect military Visor Caps and Uniforms, for 3 years now http://www.flickr.com/photos/kaonashisalbum/ ... I´ve been meaning to update that gallery for a long long time... also, Lord of the Rings action figures, movie books and memorabilia, Harry Potter action figures, Stitch figures (from Lilo & Stitch that is), Pokemon figures and cards, little stones from around the world (i ask for them to ppl i know who are traveling), and when i buy something i´ve been wanting for a long time, or something i worked hard to get, i keep the voucher inside a clay skull (for some reason i haven quite defined yet... oh and also collect them clay skulls)... I also keep most of drawings (good, bad, terrible) I´ve made for the last 13 years i think... arizona tea empty cans... cd´s, dvd´s, books of course... and that´s all i can remember for now... but surely there´s more to this... :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy