Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do You Styling People Drink?

carter

I'll Lock Up
I emailed the folks at Harvey's. Thanks for the link. Now I have to place my order and wait for it to arrive.

I suppose I should be working on a Christmas pudding or something while I wait.

It took the cleaning lady about 5 hours to make my daughter's room presentable today. I need a drink!

Here's hoping I make it through the Holidays!
:cheers1:

Miss 1929

My Mail is Forwarded Here
carter said:
I emailed the folks at Harvey's. Thanks for the link. Now I have to place my order and wait for it to arrive.

I suppose I should be working on a Christmas pudding or something while I wait.

It took the cleaning lady about 5 hours to make my daughter's room presentable today. I need a drink!

Here's hoping I make it through the Holidays!
:cheers1:

I think your cleaning lady deserves a drink...

carter

I'll Lock Up
Miss 1929 said:
I think your cleaning lady deserves a drink...
Well...ummm....I did check in from time to time. Long enough to say, "Yes, please throw that away as well.". :eek:

Perhaps she'd like some pudding with her cocktail. [huh]

I'll ask Tuesday next. :)

Yes, she's promised to return for round two! :D

We're off to Austin tomorrow for a graduation ceremony on Friday. Cocktails for Everyone! :cheers1:

Happy Holidays,
Carter

Wil Tam

Practically Family
ahhh booze...

-- Mexican Coca Cola with Morgans over crushed ice made from spring water [or what's the point]
-- Patron Silver for sipping
-- Yoichi @ room temperature with good company
-- Belvedere straight from the freezer

-- Blue Mountain coffee with Hickory .. black with one teaspoon brown sugar
-- Filtered Water or Seltzer
-- Hersheys Chocolate Milk
-- V8

ummm I'm not picky :rolleyes:

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
Campari?

Hexenmeister said:
I've also taken a recent liking to Campari and the Negroni, or even just Campari and soda, or Campari and grapefruit juice.
I've tried to develop a taste for Campari, Hexenmeister, primarily in the summer months when I need a break from those pesky margaritas, and especially last summer after reading Patricia Highsmith's novel The Talented Mr. Ripley (far better than the film and a good read--and, as you can guess, Campari makes an appearance or two).

But it's such an unusual taste...reminds me of feet, and in the worst way...that I haven't grown to like it yet. Perhaps next summer I'll try again. Or ignore the continent altogether and stick with Guinness.

jazzncocktails

A-List Customer
The Manhattan

Great drink suggestions, all.

Mine's a classic Manhattan. Preferably with Rye whiskey (Wild Turkey makes a good one), but since that's not easy to find any longer, Maker's Mark is a very great substitute. The problem is that so many bartenders screw up this simple drink by:

1. adding too much sweet vermouth
2. using crushed ice to chill it (crushed ice melts faster and waters down the drink)
3. shaking the hell out of it so it's got a head on it (it ain't a Guinness; bourbon shouldn't have a head!)

All three of these happened to me last week at an otherwise wonderful restaurant: Bing Crosby's in Rancho Mirage, CA. Yes, it's a theme restaurant, but it's well done--Planet Hollywood it ain't. But while the dinner was fantastic, the bar service was miserable. And my Manhattan (ordered from the menu as "Bing's Manhattan," made with Gentleman Jack) was watery, foamy, and completely devoid of bourbon. Tasted like a sweet vermouth and water. *yucky*

The perfect Manhattan is simple, really. Bartenders, please attend: 2 parts rye/bourbon, 1/2 to 3/4 part sweet vermouth, a couple of dashes of bitters. Blend over ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, but DON'T shake this like you're having a spasm--it's not a milkshake! Instead, cover the shaker and turn your wrist back and forth, like you were gently petting a skittish dog, until the metal shaker is very cold in your hand. Pour in a chilled cocktail glass straight up, and add a cherry.

Beautiful: it's 5:19 pm Pacific time, a perfect time for a Manhattan.

By the way, Bing Crosby's is fun, and more importantly the dining room is excellent. Readers of the Fedora Lounge in particular may enjoy it. You can check out their website at:

http://www.bingcrosbysrestaurant.com/

ortega76

Practically Family
Wil Tam said:
-- Mexican Coca Cola with Morgans over crushed ice made from spring water [or what's the point]

If you like sugar cane soda as a mixer, ever tried Blenheim's Ginger Ale and Whiskey? Blenheim's is a much stronger ginger ale than most and really plays off the bite of many whiskeys.

ortega76 said:
If you like sugar cane soda as a mixer, ever tried Blenheim's Ginger Ale and Whiskey? Blenheim's is a much stronger ginger ale than most and really plays off the bite of many whiskeys.
I have had a variety of Ginger Beer's and they are really aggressively ginger flavored. Good stuff as an alternative to ginger ale.

Chrome

One of the Regulars
Red wine
Apple Cider
Gin bitter / tonic
Beer

Applies to home and bar, altought usually skip red wine in the bar especially if drinks were plentiful and I don't want to make red mess of anyones clothing.

JME2

New in Town
Save for Blackthorn Hard Cider, hard liquor doesn't agree with me, so I tend to stick pretty much to beers and ales...

* Anchor Steam
* Harp Lager
* Sapporo
* Steinlager

...and wine...

* Sauvingon Blanc
* White Zinfandel

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
"Do admit , There are Times when only Champers will do"

Here I am in the middle of a heatwave, its 6.30pm and 38 c (100.4f)!!!!!!!! the only thing which will suffice is an icy bottle of "Fizz" I like the very dry "Bready" "yeasty" type of Champers, and all the cold "nibblies" which go with it of course!

hollowpond

One of the Regulars
Gin Martini's(two olives one onion, which I think technically makes it an Oscar)
John Daniels on the rocks (when you've known him as long as I have, its John)
Any full flavored beer (I brew my own)
Any nice wine that my wife has paired with dinner.

Frykitty

Familiar Face
When alone: cheap Italian red
When with company: cheap Italian red
When with dinner: cheap Italian red
When playing bocce: cheap Italian red
With breakfast: strong espresso!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy