Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What do you think?

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
The Maltese Falcon and the Golden Idol will be in the "Rare Treasures & Prized Possessions" page on The Golden Era.

What other items should we include?

Letters of Transit is one that comes to mind. What else?

Imahomer

Practically Family
Are there any standards for this? I'm assuming that it has to be something from the "Golden Era", or does it? Does it have to be a prop that has been made already? Can Sci Fi type things be admitted? Or are we "making this up as we go?":cool2:

Imahomer

Practically Family
When it comes to Indy props there are several nice ones. However, for me, the main ones would be: The Idol, Grail, Headpiece, Diary and perhaps the Stone Tablet.

:cool2:

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by MK
What about non-Indy items?

OK... Fair question that I'd have to give some thought to. However, I still ask, are there any guidelines for this? Here is a photo of a prop from one of my favorite movies.
wonder.jpg

gobler

One of the Regulars
Not that any of us has one (that I know of) but the "Heart of the ocean" from titantic. Its a rare object that people died over.

Or say Cars. I know this should be posted elswhere but period cars. I'll think on it.

Cheers,
Jeff

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by gobler
Not that any of us has one (that I know of) but the "Heart of the ocean" from titantic. Its a rare object that people died over.

Cheers,
Jeff

Good call Jeff... I don't know if anyone has done it, but that is a good one. I'm going to sit down and watch an old movie or two and see what I can think of.

Michaelson

One Too Many
Since you're including the idol, why not the golden sun mask from 'Secret of the Incas'? It's based (and shot) in the late 40's , early 50's with the fall of the Iron Curtain, and just barely sneaks under the dateline, I think. Regards. Michaelson

Imahomer

Practically Family
Ahh... Charleston Heston in Secret of the Incas. I liked that movie. I've said it before, I'd like to know what the "rules" are for entry in this category.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender
Originally posted by Michaelson
Since you're including the idol, why not the golden sun mask from 'Secret of the Incas'? It's based (and shot) in the late 40's , early 50's with the fall of the Iron Curtain, and just barely sneaks under the dateline, I think. Regards. Michaelson

I think that is a great idea. It should be included.

As for the rules......it can be real or fiction and needs to be either from the golden era, or a film set in the golden era.....with a little wiggle room for pieces like these.

Imahomer

Practically Family
So how about that bat? Ole wonder boy. The Natural is probably one of the classic baseball movies and set in about the right time frame...

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
I think Wonder Boy should be included certainly! You could even include The Savoy Special from the same movie.
This may be a stretch, but how about Sam's piano from Casablanca? Maybe blueprints for the Tucker Torpedo or the baby buggy from The Untouchables? ;)

Imahomer

Practically Family
Originally posted by PrettyBigGuy
I think Wonder Boy should be included certainly! You could even include The Savoy Special from the same movie.
This may be a stretch, but how about Sam's piano from Casablanca? Maybe blueprints for the Tucker Torpedo or the baby buggy from The Untouchables? ;)

For me the Savoy special did hit the big home run at the end, but Wonder Boy was THE bat. Here is one for the Untouchables.... How about that book of matches that Frank Nitty had with the address written on the inside?

Imahomer

Practically Family
Hey how about Charles Kane's sled Rosebud ?

That's ok. One of the factors I always consider is the size of the item. Probably because I don't live in a mansion with all sorts of extra space. Another factor is would someone recognize the item? Like the sled, would someone who has seen that movie put two and two together? With Wonder Boy, if you've seen the movie, you know the bat.

Does that make sense???

PrettyBigGuy

A-List Customer
Originally posted by Imahomer
For me the Savoy special did hit the big home run at the end, but Wonder Boy was THE bat. Here is one for the Untouchables.... How about that book of matches that Frank Nitty had with the address written on the inside?

I see your point about the Savoy Special. The book of matches is a good one! How about Malone's St. Jude medal/call-box key or his blackjack?

Imahomer

Practically Family
I see your point about the Savoy Special. The book of matches is a good one! How about Malone's St. Jude medal/call-box key or his blackjack?

Good stuff to be sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy