Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What happend to all the stickeys?

The Good

Call Me a Cab
Maybe the administrator wanted to remove some clutter at the top? I don't know, but I'm curious about that too. The new hats thread, especially, is what stood out to me as missing from the sticky list.

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
I think some one had too much time on their hands. I think if anything we need more stickies. look at all the same questions that are asked all the time like how does one date by tag or liner. Either that or a in depth FAQ thread. There really were not that many stickies up there. JMHO. :).

Jeff

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
RBH removed the stickey's today as you see in the threads. Really the threads had enough posts to keep them at the top. Having been a mod. On many boards for years it's normal to do it.

RBH

Bartender

fmw

One Too Many
People will be asking where to find them.

Not for long. The problem is that the hat forum could a complete web site of its own. As it is, it is a category of a larger forum. The Vbulletin software allows the use of sub categories or sub fora. What using them would do, is make the hat forum look something like the parent FL forum. There would be a list of categories or topics. Because the forum doesn't use sub categories the users have created something similar by organizing the various topics under threads. The sub forum capability would add a permanent organization to the forum rather than a bunch of threads that come and go. Just a suggestion. My own forum uses VBulletin 4 and I have only one subforum. Hats could use a list of them.

wing-nut

New in Town
I agree with FMW. Being new to the Fedora Lounge I would have appreciated some sub categories to help me avoid asking the typical noob questions. I did use the stickies quite a bit. A search is helpful, but sometimes you need to know how to ask the right questions before you get the answers you were looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy