Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
After some PM's back and forth with Mr Jeremy Garner discussing the recent production, open crown, premier quality Whippets that were avaliable in Sage from the Hatco Outlet, I asked Mr Garner if he would mind inquiring about one in my size and he did. This message is what I woke up to this morning...
Screenshot_2017-06-02-13-19-15-1.png

My jaw dropped. I was completely blindsided. I was (and still am) overwhelmed and appreciative of his extreme generosity and kindness. THANK YOU SIR! :)

Last edited:

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
After some PM's back and forth with Mr Jeremy Garner discussing the recent production, open crown, premier quality Whippets that were avaliable in Sage from the Hatco Outlet, I asked Mr Garner if he would mind inquiring about one in my size and he did. This message is what I woke up to this morning... View attachment 75967
My jaw dropped. I was completely blindsided. I was (and still am) overwhelmed and appreciative of his extreme generosity and kindness. THANK YOU SIR! :)
My pleasure sir! Wear it in good health. :)

After some PM's back and forth with Mr Jeremy Garner discussing the recent production, open crown, premier quality Whippets that were avaliable in Sage from the Hatco Outlet, I asked Mr Garner if he would mind inquiring about one in my size and he did. This message is what I woke up to this morning... View attachment 75967
GREAT STORY!!!!! Really Cool ending!!!!
M

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
good on you JG
that's how we do things around here ... or at least the way I do things :)
... and it comes back to you in one way or another every time
Jeremy you make me want to go out and do a bunch of nice s***....completely serious
It's infectious
I have always believed in the same thing as you sir and that it will all come around in the end :) It just felt like the right thing to do and would make for a special memory. Well I am damn glad to hear its infectious :) You are a good man

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
IMG_389.jpg
IMG_388.jpg
IMG_391.jpg
I certainly will and we can have fun and compare notes n hats n creases! Wonder who will get theirs first...?
I was considering trying to do a "C Crown" for this hat. I will attach photos of the style I am going to try and pay homage to. What were you thinking of doing with yours Bob?

Last edited:

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
MEANWHILE...

I seem to be having a smidgen of OCD or reduced impulse control or something, that's the story and I'm stickin' to it!
That said I await the following... but they were ALL real good deals, honest!

Straw OR

Paul Stuart Fortnighter

Eddie Bauer Stetson

HIPPODROME HATTERS
( late & lamented venerable Baltimore hat store)

... don't tell Mrs. Blaine, if you please. I mean, I couldn't very well just pass them by, could I ?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 75990 View attachment 75991 View attachment 75992
I was considering trying to do a "C Crown" for this hat. I will attach photos of the style I am going to try and pay homage to. What were you thinking of doing with yours Bob?
Try it! The hat will have something to say abt what it will let you do. Try a dry crease first without extremely tight creases to avoid a "ghost" crease. There's some great info in the bash thread. My Sovereign grade Whippet has a factory teardrop/C crown so I will attempt my first diamond and if it doesn't work I'll go with a simple center crease.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Try it! The hat will have something to say abt what it will let you do. Try a dry crease first without extremely tight creases to avoid a "ghost" crease. There's some great info in the bash thread. My Sovereign grade Whippet has a factory teardrop/C crown so I will attempt my first diamond and if it doesn't work I'll go with a simple center crease.
Thank you for the tips! This will be my first time shaping a hat from scratch so I will be scouring the bash thread on your recommendation.

I think a diamond crease would look awesome as well! Hopefully that works for you.

Last edited:

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Thank you for the tips! This will be my first time shaping a hat from scratch so I will be scouring the bash thread on your recommendation.

I think a diamond crease would look awesome as well! Hopefully that works for you.
Wlcm. I don't have much luck (skill?) doing diamonds. We shall see...
BTW, did you happen to notice what color ribbon they were using on the Whippets? Just curious and excited too.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
IMG_393.jpg
Wlcm. I don't have much luck (skill?) doing diamonds. We shall see...
BTW, did you happen to notice what color ribbon they were using on the Whippets? Just curious and excited too.
I searched the web trying to find a photo and I believe it is this ribbon in this photo. The photo is sourced from delmonico so I am 99% sure our hats should look like this one.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
MEANWHILE...

I seem to be having a smidgen of OCD or reduced impulse control or something, that's the story and I'm stickin' to it!
That said I await the following... but they were ALL real good deals, honest!

Straw OR

Paul Stuart Fortnighter

Eddie Bauer Stetson

HIPPODROME HATTERS
( late & lamented venerable Baltimore hat store)

... don't tell Mrs. Blaine, if you please. I mean, I couldn't very well just pass them by, could I ?
You have some great looking hats on the way sir! My lips are sealed I promise I won't tell! Lol. I am in the same boat with my wife. Heaven forbid I died and she sold my guns, hats, and other collectibles for what I "told" her I paid for them ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael