Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
Spoiled myself the other day...I am now eagerly awaiting 5 hats, 4 of which I snatched up quickly for considerably less than they're worth...sellers pics to follow

Got a nice deal on this marathon. 2 1/4" brim is my ideal size. IMO the crease is too perfect, like factory. I think it would look better with a hand creased diamond -thoughts?
IMG_20170607_085602.jpg

IMG_20170607_085515.jpg

IMG_20170607_085538.jpg

Snatched this one up almost as soon as it was posted for just 40 which i think is a great deal on this one with a great ribbon:
IMG_20170607_085502.jpg

IMG_20170607_085443.jpg

Also some of you may have seen this sitting on eBay for quite some time, well I really liked the color scheme and dimensions so i decided to snatch it up and will attempt to clean,shape, and restore it to former glory.
IMG_20170607_085642.jpg

IMG_20170607_085654.jpg

IMG_20170607_085621.jpg
Would not touch that Marathon.

RomanImperator

One of the Regulars
Would not touch that Marathon.
I know its not the original factory bash because the seller stated he did not receive the hat in that condition and creased it himself. I was thinking of putting the crease style similar to the one the Barclay I posted under it has. Won't be able to tell how I feel about it until seeing it in person. Fortunately it arrives tomorrow!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I know its not the original factory bash because the seller stated he did not receive the hat in that condition and creased it himself. I was thinking of putting the crease style similar to the one the Barclay I posted under it has. Won't be able to tell how I feel about it until seeing it in person. Fortunately it arrives tomorrow!
Yer hat but I love that crease as is.

Any tips on getting some of those spots out and just cleaning the felt/ribbon in general? in addition to brushing of course. I don't really wanna dunk it in naptha because in the video I saw it left white spots on the sweatband which really ruined it IMO. I heard just wipe the felt with cold water and a white rag

Depends on what the spots are. A naphtha bath won't hurt your sweat. The little white deposits wipe right off with a little Lexol.

Sent directly from my mind to yours.

Willebe

A-List Customer
I finally ordered my Akubra Fed IV Deluxe in moonstone. It is bouncing all over the world now as I wait my 20+ days for the post. While bouncing about the site at the Hattery, the Balmoral cought my eye since I know it will be getting warmer here soon. I himhawed around a bit, but decided to order it also and just ask the wife for forgiveness for going over budget. She gave me a really good Canadian stink eye, but being a true Canadian she forgave this ol Southerner real quick. Now I have two hats to wait on and twice the anticipation. It I'll get me started in my hat collection, and now I can learn more and be more selective in the future as I think these will be great for wearing and learning about the hats and the style I want.

Thank you all for the information you have been sharing.

William

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I just won this hat and actually had no intention to
just threw a low ball bid of $53 at it and no one else bid ... I don't even really know why I bid to be honest ... I don't particularly love the hat but we'll see what shows up

Anyway ... I know very little about Churchill hats
anyone have any info on this one ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Churchill-Ltd-Fedora-Beaver-039-25-039-7-3-8-silver-belly-excellent-w-box-/152573555618?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&autorefresh=true&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=y3I3DOm4zyEOOCecgcx7wfZ1dhI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
Hat looks incredible. Sick price as well.

just threw a low ball bid of $53 at it and no one else bid ... I don't even really know why I bid to be honest ... I don't particularly love the hat but we'll see what shows up

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Churchill-Ltd-Fedora-Beaver-039-25-039-7-3-8-silver-belly-excellent-w-box-/152573555618?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&autorefresh=true&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&nma=true&si=y3I3DOm4zyEOOCecgcx7wfZ1dhI%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

moon, I only have one Churchill and it's labeled a "Longview" beaver 25. A 2 1/4" brim OR clone that rivals the felt of the two Resistol beaver 25's I own and the construction of the hat is top notch. I wish the brim dimensions were a bit greater but I like the hat just the same. It came in a package deal with my Cavanagh 100 so I didn't give it much thought until it arrived. I wouldn't hesitate to own another Churchill and I probably would have been bidding on the one you just bought if it weren't so similar to several I own.

Now that you posted this, I kinda regret that I didn't bid. Familiar feelings, huh? One of the few open crown Churchills I've seen. I think you'll be happy with it. If not, you know who to call.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
moon, I only have one Churchill and it's labeled a "Longview" beaver 25. A 2 1/4" brim OR clone that rivals the felt of the two Resistol beaver 25's I own and the construction of the hat is top notch. I wish the brim dimensions were a bit greater but I like the hat just the same. It came in a package deal with my Cavanagh 100 so I didn't give it much thought until it arrived. I wouldn't hesitate to own another Churchill and I probably would have been bidding on the one you just bought if it weren't so similar to several I own.

Now that you posted this, I kinda regret that I didn't bid. Familiar feelings, huh? One of the few open crown Churchills I've seen. I think you'll be happy with it. If not, you know who to call.
Great to hear Greg.... thank you for that info ... much appreciated
if I decide to move it I will hit you up first

I've been in the same boat on a couple of hats. I didn't come out smelling like a rose like you. My Churchill is a Lord's Hat of probably 80s vintage. I really am impressed with it. The finish is baby butt smooth, crisp shaping of the homburg curl without binding, and a high quality liner. I'm interested in how yours turns out. If it is a smaller 7 3/8, I will give it a proper home.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran