Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Me too, but living on a RR & getting my share of pkgs delivered to me that belong to others, I always worry until it gets here.

And whomever it is that delivers for Amazon Prime is the absolute world's worst on misdeliveries to me!

Sounds like FEDEX ground . I'm excited about that Gannon coming Jack . Thats a BEAUTY !

Picture1.jpg

glider

A-List Customer
Received my biker cap from Sterkowski yesterday . Ahead of schedule, not bad at all . Fit is correct, overall happy with cap. Stitching on sweat band isn't consistent but I'm sure there wont be a problem , it's just cosmetic . On the whole I'm happy with the cap and I may order from them again , probably will . They have rabbit fur felt hats for 78 and 68 dollars , if they are decent quality that's a steal . Look to be basic fedoras, bare edge etc. but still might need to try one .

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
Received my biker cap from Sterkowski yesterday . Ahead of schedule, not bad at all . Fit is correct, overall happy with cap. Stitching on sweat band isn't consistent but I'm sure there wont be a problem , it's just cosmetic . On the whole I'm happy with the cap and I may order from them again , probably will . They have rabbit fur felt hats for 78 and 68 dollars , if they are decent quality that's a steal . Look to be basic fedoras, bare edge etc. but still might need to try one .

Boy for the money there are 2 ways you could go that about all of us have ended up at , and thats Akubra , and Vintage , then throwing more at the disorder - Custom . You will find the more educated you get vintage is the absolute Best , but its a crap shoot (win some , lose some) . Knowledge is power . If you're interested in Akubra try Everything Australian , and Hats Direct (AKA The Hattery) . Be sure to put the right currency in , or you'll see everything in AU Dollars .

glider

A-List Customer
I am most definitely going to have an Akubra, been looking at them . I may order a hemp first since spring really isn't far . I am always on the lookout for nice vintage hats, e-bay, goodwill, estate sales, I've had some luck. I have a champ that is like new, probably from the 60s or 70s . I'm not real fond of the stingy brims but that is a nice champ . I found a barlosoni that is pretty nice, 7 bucks at an estate sale . I'm not misspelling that, I guess it's a knockoff .

OldStrummer

Practically Family

I bought a Sterkowski fedora in black rabbit fur and it's a wonderful hat! Great fit, great looks, and well made. I'm a believer!

Also, to keep on topic, I'm waiting for an Akubra Campdraft in Silverbelly. It probably won't arrive for yet another few weeks.

TunedVWGti

One of the Regulars
I'm not in the habit of quoting myself, but as I'm waiting for my Royal Deluxe Open Road to arrive tomorrow, I had the occasion to actually handle and try one on today. My nearest hat store/hatter is 3 hours away but I had other business in that area, includng needing some work on one of my 6X westerns. While there, I saw a Royal Deluxe OR and got even more excited for mine- it is a very handsome hat.

I will wear it both brim up and brim down. I noticed that it (at least the model I handled today) is seemingly more oriented for brim up wear. Is it just a matter of steaming and shaping it to get it to snap down, or is this particular hat better shaped through wear? It did snap(ish) down, but less so than a more traditional fedora.

I read some other helpful threads on the OR, including those that discuss it's relative stiffness, but I think those were more referring to the crown than the brim.

Did the Royal Deluxe come in to your liking? Just curious... I have a standard 6x in Chocolate and I've been thinking a lot about ordering a Royal Deluxe in Caribou...

Fivesense

One of the Regulars
Did the Royal Deluxe come in to your liking? Just curious... I have a standard 6x in Chocolate and I've been thinking a lot about ordering a Royal Deluxe in Caribou...

Absolutely! It's very nice feel, fit and finish. I suppose it depends whether or not you want a stiffer feel or a softer, fedora-like feel. But I was really impressed with the Royal Deluxe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points