Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

redlinerobert

One of the Regulars
Well this is kind of cool. Found this hat for my wife. It's a Legroux Soeurs from the 50's. She loves hats and will look exceptional in this I think!

189210a_l.jpeg

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I’m anxiously waiting on my Stratoliner Milan in gray to arrive. I should have it this evening as long as the tracking is accurate. I purchased it from the one2miniranch.

StratoGrey__42714.1438449978.1280.1280.JPG

Steven

My hat arrived and I had some size issues. Mike at one2miniranch was a pleasure to talk to and do business with. He answered all of my questions and walked me through the return process to help me with return shipping charges. I will be doing business with Mike and one2miniranch again. I highly recommend him.

Steven

Looking forward to seeing it!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of it!
American Hat Co 3XCB was received today. It was in the original box so I paid shipping to double box it & it came right on thru on delivery. Been stored in the box for a long time & has a bit of bug damage, but I think I can sand that out. Problem is that it's a size too small but I already knew it was supposed to be. So now I get to decide if I want to try to stretch it to where it could work for me; reblock it to my size; or list it for sale. I have other all natural beaver hats but I don't have a 3XCB or a 7XCB.

It's a 3-1/4" x 6-3/4 or 7" crown. I pushed it out to open crown & flattened the brim so I could work it. The red liner (made by Resistol?) was just taped in so I removed it while I work the felt.

Only took a few pics until I decide what to do. Don't want to give it up.

IMG_0874.jpg

IMG_0875.jpg

IMG_0876.jpg

American Hat Co 3XCB was received today. ...

I can see why you want to keep it! Look at that playground for hat creases!

Not sure if there is a Resistol connection to American Hat Co. This is from their website:

"For over 100 years, American Hat Company has been committed to producing the finest quality, handmade cowboy hats in the world. We make our hats in Bowie, Texas, and use many of the same processes we did 100 years ago, from each felt hat being hand finished, to the brim on every straw hat being cut and sewn by hand. By hand-making our hats, we can ensure the quality of each hat that we box and send to our customers."

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
American Hat Co 3XCB was received today. It was in the original box so I paid shipping to double box it & it came right on thru on delivery. Been stored in the box for a long time & has a bit of bug damage, but I think I can sand that out. Problem is that it's a size too small but I already knew it was supposed to be. So now I get to decide if I want to try to stretch it to where it could work for me; reblock it to my size; or list it for sale. I have other all natural beaver hats but I don't have a 3XCB or a 7XCB.

It's a 3-1/4" x 6-3/4 or 7" crown. I pushed it out to open crown & flattened the brim so I could work it. The red liner (made by Resistol?) was just taped in so I removed it while I work the felt.

View attachment 110314

View attachment 110315

View attachment 110316
Good looking hat. I have never owned an American Hat Co. but they sure made some good looking hats. That one looks like a good color. What size is it?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy