Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
I don’t think I could ever pull off a homburg but that is a really beautiful hat. Post some pictures of it on!

David
I don’t mind the homburg look. It’s the fact that I can’t pull the brim down over my face and neck that makes it unsuitable to my needs.

But they do make for interesting photos.

Cheers!
B9C50E16-99CD-4956-9BF4-315BAD8668DB.jpeg

hambone71

Practically Family
I don’t think I could ever pull off a homburg but that is a really beautiful hat. Post some pictures of it on!

David
I’m in the same boat. Not sure if I can pull it off either and yet, here I am in the market for one lol. I’m going to a wedding in November and wanted to try a homburg for one of the rare occasions I wear a suit.

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Great hat.

I’m not much of a homburg man but I have had a 50s St. Regis that I very much enjoyed wearing. I gifted it to a friend just before COVID and never found another one that really grabbed me. I eventually just stopped trying.

But I could not resist this (late 40s? Pre-St Regis?) “Royal Stetson Deluxe”, with stars on both the liner and the sweatband, at a more than reasonable price.

Even if I don’t end up wearing it out much, it will be a valuable addition to my modest collection - it looks to be in almost mint condition.

View attachment 532441
View attachment 532430
View attachment 532431
View attachment 532432

Ha—thank you both! Will keep it in mind.

I’m in the same boat. Not sure if I can pull it off either and yet, here I am in the market for one lol. I’m going to a wedding in November and wanted to try a homburg for one of the rare occasions I wear a suit.

One way to ease into wearing homburgs… especially if you feel like they are too dressy. A little trick I picked up from @steur …. If you go ahead and add in a fedora like pinch to the front like @The Lost Cowboy has above. It can really help ”casual-ize” an Homburg to go with even tshirt and jeans.

Last edited:
One way to ease into wearing homburgs… especially if you feel like they are too dressy. A little trick I picked up from @steur …. If you go ahead and add in a fedora like pinch to the front like @The Lost Cowboy has above. It can really help ”casual-ize” an Homburg to go with even tshirt and jeans.

Even better: pair one with tie dye a la @mmbarnes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic