Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

hambone71

Practically Family
I'm entering into the bowler game with this here specimen. It was listed as a homburg from the 40's. And the liner doesn't have those fancy pleats but I got it for super cheap so we shall see. Once I receive it, I'll be posting up photos over in What Hat Are You Struggling To Wear In Public.

Screenshot_20230928-193438_kindlephoto-223813785.png
Screenshot_20230928-193836_kindlephoto-224050165.png
Screenshot_20230928-193543_kindlephoto-223876818.png
Screenshot_20230928-193627_kindlephoto-223921694.png

hambone71

Practically Family
I'm entering into the bowler game with this here specimen. It was listed as a homburg from the 40's. And the liner doesn't have those fancy pleats but I got it for super cheap so we shall see. Once I receive it, I'll be posting up photos over in What Hat Are You Struggling To Wear In Public.

View attachment 548936 View attachment 548937 View attachment 548938 View attachment 548939
Edit: This transaction is being canceled. It was pointed out to me from a fellow lounger with firsthand experience with this particular hat that there is serious damage that was not disclosed in the listing, nor was it clearly shown in the photos. It is very difficult, if not impossible to see this damage on black felt. It has not shipped and I have asked to cancel and apply a refund.

Sadly, I am withdrawing, no, I'm postponing my bowler membership for now. I'm very appreciative and grateful for the fine gentlemen of this lounge who are thoughtful and compassionate enough to lookout for others here.

Carry on.

The Lost Cowboy

One Too Many
Edit: This transaction is being canceled. It was pointed out to me from a fellow lounger with firsthand experience with this particular hat that there is serious damage that was not disclosed in the listing, nor was it clearly shown in the photos. It is very difficult, if not impossible to see this damage on black felt. It has not shipped and I have asked to cancel and apply a refund.

Sadly, I am withdrawing, no, I'm postponing my bowler membership for now. I'm very appreciative and grateful for the fine gentlemen of this lounge who are thoughtful and compassionate enough to lookout for others here.

Carry on.
Sorry to hear this Phil. Glad you were warned off the purchase. I foresee other exciting bowler acquisitions in your future, however!

Last edited:
It is fun to find these old lesser known brands.. and I’m always excited to see what shade of blue the felt is in person. In any case I’m quite sure though this one will be different from anything else in my collection.

I’m right there with you, brother. From what I can see, it looks like something special.

TheOldFashioned

Call Me a Cab
It is fun to find these old lesser known brands.. and I’m always excited to see what shade of blue the felt is in person. In any case I’m quite sure though this one will be different from anything else in my collection.

I agree, Joe. I got a McKibben in a vibrant blueberry blue waiting in the queue to be debuted.

With St. Louis on that liner I wonder if there will be any connection to Langenberg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari