Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

groover

New in Town
image.jpeg image.jpeg This is what I have.

Bigger Don

Practically Family
Just got home from Batsake's. Gus Miller is creating another of his masterpiece 2 3/4" brim, teardrop crown fedoras. Attached is the felt & ribbon combination. (The felt looks lighter in this pic)

The inspiration for the dark red ribbon came from someone's (sorry, I forget who it was) dark cherry fedora. From someone else's pic on this forum, and info from a couple-few folks, I've asked for a shark's gill bow.

Two weeks or so, no promises though.

Attachments

• WP_20160923_004.jpg
    WP_20160923_004.jpg
    447.4 KB · Views: 100
Just got home from Batsake's. Gus Miller is creating another of his masterpiece 2 3/4" brim, teardrop crown fedoras. Attached is the felt & ribbon combination. (The felt looks lighter in this pic)

The inspiration for the dark red ribbon came from someone's (sorry, I forget who it was) dark cherry fedora. From someone else's pic on this forum, and info from a couple-few folks, I've asked for a shark's gill bow.

Two weeks or so, no promises though.

Great, Bigger Don! Can't wait to see the final product. What is the felt color?

Mr. Miller told me two weeks, and it was maybe a day or two beyond that, so you don't have long to wait.

bluesforchallah

Practically Family

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I've got something similar, I pulled back the sweatband and liner and the only other markings I can find is a number 12 in chalk or grease pen. I too was curious as to it's age.

0D947D5B-2B0F-407A-8FED-52C9D081546F_zps4nvjt6g8.jpg

3613EF7C-4729-48FC-9885-E80055F623DC_zpsjlkqenmi.jpg

FECFDAEF-8395-4D94-8D8E-EDB0040CFE43_zpspd1auagi.jpg

B5A88B69-5F79-40DC-9476-4380A94AB19E_zpsa5d2gbqg.jpg

That looks 70s or possibly later to me.
You have a pic of the tip crest?

Sent from my iPhone while orbiting the earth in a sea foam green 1957 Cadillac

bluesforchallah

Practically Family
hard to say ... 60s -70s probably
the tip logo I'm pretty sure is right in that era and the price would match as well I believe
that logo came back in the 90s I'm pretty sure ... but that hat wouldn't have been $25 in the 90s

Thanks, man. I appreciate the info.

To be honest, with the musty smell, I'd say closer to the '60s. :D

Last edited:

Mm25

One Too Many
Five Vintage Silhouette hats just passed through ebay. I got the dove with black variegated band. It will be my first VS.
Anybody here get in on any of the rest?

Rob R

New in Town
Five Vintage Silhouette hats just passed through ebay. I got the dove with black variegated band. It will be my first VS.
Anybody here get in on any of the rest?

I was out bid on the two I was looking at.... I'm striking out on eBay, I have bid on 5 in the last few weeks and haven't gotten a hit on any of them.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I lose a lot of ebay auctions.

I lose them because I am outbid. I generally don't spend a lot of money on things.

We were given a tip here that there were a bunch of very desirable hats put up on ebay by one seller. I clicked on one, and then linked to the others. There were about 8 in all. All were very nice, many in my favorite style, and in my size. I began to watch the auctions.

Some of the auctions I didn't bid on came due at the high prices I was expecting.

As the three I liked approached the end of their cycles, I put in my max bids, figuring I'd lose all three, or, if I was extraordinarily lucky, I might get one. They were all to end within seconds of each other.

So what happened? I won all three. One is a vintage Dobbs large brim, and two are VSs. I'm shocked and happy, and a little stunned about how much money I just laid out all at once for three hats.

Anyway, I am anxiously awaiting them, and will post them in the appropriate thread when I receive them.

Mm25

One Too Many
I lose a lot of ebay auctions.

I lose them because I am outbid. I generally don't spend a lot of money on things.

We were given a tip here that there were a bunch of very desirable hats put up on ebay by one seller. I clicked on one, and then linked to the others. There were about 8 in all. All were very nice, many in my favorite style, and in my size. I began to watch the auctions.

Some of the auctions I didn't bid on came due at the high prices I was expecting.

As the three I liked approached the end of their cycles, I put in my max bids, figuring I'd lose all three, or, if I was extraordinarily lucky, I might get one. They were all to end within seconds of each other.

So what happened? I won all three. One is a vintage Dobbs large brim, and two are VSs. I'm shocked and happy, and a little stunned about how much money I just laid out all at once for three hats.

Anyway, I am anxiously awaiting them, and will post them in the appropriate thread when I receive them.
I think got one of the other VS . Which did you get? That Dobbs was a sharp hat too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24