Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
These trousers, and a new shirt that Tina is making for me, are waiting a new hat by Esther. Today I got my first viewing of said hat, having ordered it with a narrow hat band, I'm now changing my mind and going for the broader band. This waiting is worse than being a child at Christmas.
hats 068.JPG wide hb.jpg narrow hb.jpg

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
I'm keenly awaiting the delivery of a new hat from Stephen Temkin at Leon Drexler. It's a modified Stroller, having his welterweight and angora finishes along with a wider brim. I intend it as a warmer weather travel hat; a counterpart to the Stroller that he made for me last fall. I'd be blessed if it came before Friday so that I can give it a 'maiden voyage' on a short trip that I'm leaving for on Friday, but if not, I should still have a lifetime of service to enjoy from it.

I've heard from Mike Miller at NW Hats that my "Slats Gill" Playboy clone is close to going on the block! I hope to have it for a family vacation to Victoria BC at the end of the month. The weather there might be conducive to a light weight unlined creation like this.

I'm still pondering what he has done with the crown, diamond with a simple "crunch" with the front pinch?

Slats Reversed.jpg

KarlCrow

One Too Many
I've heard from Mike Miller at NW Hats that my "Slats Gill" Playboy clone is close to going on the block! I hope to have it for a family vacation to Victoria BC at the end of the month. The weather there might be conducive to a light weight unlined creation like this.

I'm still pondering what he has done with the crown, diamond with a simple "crunch" with the front pinch?

View attachment 78471
the calm before the bash

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 78475
Thanks to a "heads up" from Rick Blaine regarding a sale I'm awaiting a Christy's Adventurer/Poet.Roughly $80 delivered.
Thats so good. I checkd them out also. Is that the color? I wanted to get that hat in "Nut" color but couldn't ascertain from their website if the sale price was for all colors and sizes or just limited too certain colors and sizes. I also couldn't find out what shipping would be. Does the purchase price absolutely include shipping cuz that's at least a $20+ charge. I will absolutely buy that hat if they have it in my size and color and shipping is included. What a great bargain.

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
I have been struggling to find a vintage boater in my size and to scratch the proverbial itch I figured I'd snap this one up because of the price. The great @Bob Roberts helped to confirm/vouche for the overall quality of the straw products from Scala for me so I jumped at it. If anyone else is interested the website is called jet.com and I paid $32 shipped. They do not have numbered sizes and only their size XL is left (7 1/2-7 5/8).
IMG_646.jpg
IMG_647.jpg
IMG_644.jpg

Last edited:

Jeremy T Garner

Practically Family
Just ordered a Stetson "Temple".....in light (or dove) grey. Have been unable to find a vintage in this useful color, and not many makers have it........so...........
M
The Temple is really not such a bad hat............of course I will ditch the feathers ASAP!!
View attachment 79045
I really like my two Temple hats. I have been eyeballing this color very very hard! I might just have to pull the trigger on one myself. I will have to see if Amazon has anything crazy discount wise on them for "Prime" day. Totally agree with you on the feathers :) Congrats on the new hat sir.

FedOregon

I'll Lock Up

View attachment 78471
I'm excited to see this one, Red, and I know you are too!

Bob Roberts

I'll Lock Up
I have been struggling to find a vintage boater in my size and to scratch the proverbial itch I figured I'd snap this one up because of the price. The great @Bob Roberts helped to confirm/vouche for the overall quality of the straw products from Scala for me so I jumped at it. If anyone else is interested the website is called jet.com and I paid $32 shipped. They do not have numbered sizes and only their size XL is left (7 1/2-7 5/8). View attachment 79042 View attachment 79043 View attachment 79044
Thx. Flattered. It better be nice. I got a very decent and inexpensive Scala Panama straw so I hope you do as well.

I have been struggling to find a vintage boater in my size and to scratch the proverbial itch I figured I'd snap this one up because of the price. The great @Bob Roberts helped to confirm/vouche for the overall quality of the straw products from Scala for me so I jumped at it. If anyone else is interested the website is called jet.com and I paid $32 shipped. They do not have numbered sizes and only their size XL is left (7 1/2-7 5/8). View attachment 79042 View attachment 79043 View attachment 79044
Nice, I'm really interested in how it works out quality wise. I have not touched one of their boaters.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ