Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Odd, but it sort of makes sense. Of course, I don't understand why they would pay the fuel/shipping costs to send something so round about. But that's just me. <shrug>
That was my thought as well. I don't know what it costs to fly this stuff from wherever to Germany to wherever, but over time it must surely be more expensive than opening more hubs elsewhere; that's why I'm sure it was an excuse and not the truth. Why not just tell me it had been mis-routed? I've worked in customer service and most customers aren't exactly happy when mistakes are made, but in my experience nothing makes a customer angrier than finding out they've been lied to.

drmaxtejeda

I'll Lock Up
That was my thought as well. I don't know what it costs to fly this stuff from wherever to Germany to wherever, but over time it must surely be more expensive than opening more hubs elsewhere; that's why I'm sure it was an excuse and not the truth. Why not just tell me it had been mis-routed? I've worked in customer service and most customers aren't exactly happy when mistakes are made, but in my experience nothing makes a customer angrier than finding out they've been lied to.
Or a citizen[emoji91]

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Phoenix. Should be in the mail today :)

Randy Brown and Burgundy.jpg

Rmccamey

I'll Lock Up
Just picked it up! Chocolate (dark brown) with a burgundy ribbon and binding. The pic above from Rick looks like the ribbon has a light pink cast. In reality, the ribbon is most definitely a deep purple/burgundy against the brown felt. I'll post more pics in a day or two when I get a break. If only I didn't have to work to support my hat habit...or my Harley habit...or...

And ps: thank you Rick at Phoenix for a fantastic hat!!!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
I'm digging this one Jonesy. Especially that back brim curl.
Thanks Rick. The local Hawaiian Lauhala (pandanus) Paniolo (cowboy) hat I was trying to copy was like this:
23-hololio_orig.jpg

Rosie works with these women in Vanuatu who do the weaving:
Screenshot 2019-05-01 02.49.26.png

I can't wait to see it:
IMG_5689.jpeg

I'm working on a new Hawaiian feather hat band (lei humu papa) to go with it.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Ended up ordering a second pandanus hat woven in Vanuatu from Rosie.

https://rosieboylan.com/

a0056b65bb06d18c8bfa00c20b70609c.jpg

f024a0599abb6b49608b29a650f0541c.jpg

This one is pretty similar to the Hawaiian Paniolo hat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like that one. Nice color. Nice ribbon. Looks bulletproof as well!
I refrain from asking how much something costs so...what would be the market value for this such hat from Rosie??
B

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner