Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

J Williams

Practically Family
Good day for me. This one is also on the way!

m_5e2485c9689ebcb76dd5b1ab.jpg
m_5e2485df969d1f069fe56cd8.jpg
m_5e2485786a7fbaa78a100f64.jpg

Headpatrolman

New in Town
Waiting on this one as well. A Brown Champ pork pie
View attachment 209915 View attachment 209916

Got this hat today. It's a great vintage pork pie from Champ hats. The chocolate brown felt is really nice with a large ribbon. The liner is in great shape, with only light staining. It is loose in spots, but in great shape. The only problem is it was advertised as a 7 3/8 but is actually 6 7/8. Anyone who is 6 7/8 & has interest let me know.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Maybe someone can advise me on this, as I seldom buy any hats on Ebay due to my hat size (7 7/8). I bought a very nice Panama from a guy in Wisconsin on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The hat cost $300.00 and the shipping was $39.50 (USPS Priority). The seller was out of town on that day and returned the next (fair enough), emailing me that the hat would be shipped next day. A few days later I received an email from Ebay that the item was getting ready to be shipped and that the ETA was Tuesday, Feb. 4. I've gotten nothing else since then, but I noticed that the new ETA is Feb. 11, next Tuesday (two weeks from the date of purchase). My question is this: is this what you get for your $40.00 shipping fee?

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
Sorry to read that. The messed up part is Ebay won't step in until you exhaust every means available.

On a side note, for that amount on shipping I expect Priority Express. I stay away from sellers with such excessive shipping charges anyway.

Maybe someone can advise me on this, as I seldom buy any hats on Ebay due to my hat size (7 7/8). I bought a very nice Panama from a guy in Wisconsin on Tuesday, Jan. 28. The hat cost $300.00 and the shipping was $39.50 (USPS Priority). The seller was out of town on that day and returned the next (fair enough), emailing me that the hat would be shipped next day. A few days later I received an email from Ebay that the item was getting ready to be shipped and that the ETA was Tuesday, Feb. 4. I've gotten nothing else since then, but I noticed that the new ETA is Feb. 11, next Tuesday (two weeks from the date of purchase). My question is this: is this what you get for your $40.00 shipping fee?

1967Cougar390

Practically Family
I’ve been so pleased with my recent Akubra Sydney purchase, I purchased another Akubra. I like the fact that the Sydney comes in an open crown but my recent purchase is the pre-creased Stylemaster. I went with the carbon gray. I currently own a Sliver Creek hat in a very similar color but it is a very light weight wool hat. My main issue with the gray Silver Creek hat is the fact that it is starting to fade. That’s what made me decide on purchasing my second Akubra. I’ll post pictures of the Stylemaster once it arrives from David Morgan.

Steven

SteveFord

A-List Customer
Yeah, this should be a good week.
I think that's just about covers all of the bases for me.
Well, except for maybe one or two...

Will do with the Flagship thread.
They make me think of Howard Hughes before he started shuffling around with Kleenex boxes on his feet or whatever it was he was doing when he lost his marbles.

Yeah, this should be a good week.
I think that's just about covers all of the bases for me.
Well, except for maybe one or two...

Will do with the Flagship thread.
They make me think of Howard Hughes before he started shuffling around with Kleenex boxes on his feet or whatever it was he was doing when he lost his marbles.

It seems we've heard that "covered all the bases" claim from you before. Just fess up, you're hooked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points