Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
Stephen Temkin is ready to trim a Londoner that I've been eagerly awaiting for a while to wear on weekends and off hours in cooler months as a 'town hat'. He sent me several choices for a ribbon; I ultimately chose a 20 ligne dusk one, which is what I expected to from the start, but I found seeing alternatives helpful.

Dusk 20.jpg

Stephen Temkin is ready to trim a Londoner that I've been eagerly awaiting for a while to wear on weekends and off hours in cooler months as a 'town hat'. He sent me several choices for a ribbon; I ultimately chose a 20 ligne dusk one, which is what I expected to from the start, but I found seeing alternatives helpful.

View attachment 212482
I have two of Stephen's creations, one of them a Londoner in Natural. He makes an amazing hat. The last time I checked the wait was over 12 months. He was a student of Art Fawcett's in his beginnings.

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
I have two of Stephen's creations, one of them a Londoner in Natural. He makes an amazing hat. The last time I checked the wait was over 12 months. He was a student of Art Fawcett's in his beginnings.

This will be my fifth hat by him... of six or perhaps seven planned. They've run from a big black homburg in his Venetian finish that I've only worn half a dozen times to a grey stroller in his Angora finish that I've worn on every winter or fall trip and weekend since I got it. I find him most interesting for his brim treatments and sense of style that feels distinct, but not merely contemporary. He's also very pleasant to deal with in correspondence while developing a hat.

My next hat is going to be a navy Phoenix it is currently being constructed by Rick.
I am going tone on tone on this one. I am always drawn to hats that are matching ribbon and felt but I have so far wound up ordering ones with at least some contrast.
View attachment 213275

The nice part is there isn’t a bad choice there. Looking forward to seeing the completed hat!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot