Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Let's hope the Borsalino doesn't smell like fish.
19E02B92-CACA-425C-82A4-DA4017EE2E3B.gif

I wonder where that falls in dating? There are the old 100s, the Beaver 100s, and now your Natural Beaver 150 (is that a 150?)

Very nice, Bob.

Thanks Randy -- it is a 150. Not sure where this falls. Very late in the run of hats in the presentation cases (although I think you could buy the case on it's own or as an option at some point). Late 1960s? Early 1970s? Any info would be appreciated.

upload_2020-5-27_17-48-12.png

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Bowen. It's not my size (they hardly ever are). I plan to give it to my future son-in-law.
Darn Great Uncle Bob, you sure give some really nice gifts. That future SIL better seal the deal or i’d go lookin for the hat and head.

Willow story for you Bob.
Several days ago over with Willow and was taking her on an “adventure” in Pop Pop’s “big red truck”. I try not to be there when Grandma is around (not lol) but she’s hobbling around recovering from brain...err knee surgery.
On the way out the door i put on my hat, Lo Lo pipes up “i want my hat” (your gift 3X LD Sandhiller) and proceeds to tell Granny in detail all about getting it from Uncle Bob, Bowen Jay’s (me) friend who lives far away...etc etc. Boy was she excited to tell her all about it. I laughed in amazement of her grasp of friggin everything we big folks forget about.
So...i’m sure Granny is jealous of Great Uncle Bob now. And she should be.
Your kindness Bob just keeps on giving. Thanks
Salute
B & W

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Randy -- it is a 150. Not sure where this falls. Very late in the run of hats in the presentation cases (although I think you could buy the case on it's own or as an option at some point). Late 1960s? Early 1970s? Any info would be appreciated.

View attachment 238080
Just to add a tidbit....
I saw an eBay seller who had listed a Stetson 150 in the nice leather case along with a cased 100, 3 or so years ago. If i recall each was for $500 and the Pics were on a very ornate carved desk in a very elegant room.
Never saw another one but idk.
B

Your kindness Bob just keeps on giving. Thanks
Salute

Thanks Bowen! I really appreciate the Willow stories. Much better than what I usually hear about the GrandDogs.

Just to add a tidbit....
I saw an eBay seller who had listed a Stetson 150 in the nice leather case along with a cased 100, 3 or so years ago. If i recall each was for $500 and the Pics were on a very ornate carved desk in a very elegant room.
Never saw another one but idk.
B

There have been several mentioned on the Lounge. Spencer (@Dinerman) posted a 150 with a bit different sweat about a decade ago.

IMG_7124.jpg

P1070479.jpg

Thanks Bowen! I really appreciate the Willow stories. Much better than what I usually hear about the GrandDogs.

There have been several mentioned on the Lounge. Spencer (@Dinerman) posted a 150 with a bit different sweat about a decade ago.

IMG_7124.jpg

P1070479.jpg
This can only mean of course that there's a MacLachlan 150 around as well! Do we know of anyone who'll search for it?:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ