Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

C68E3B16-7BB8-4553-85AC-771A47B3EC42.jpeg

Mighty44

One Too Many
Thanks, Alan. I have one more in queue and then I’m taking a break. My hat fund needs some time to replenish.

The hat is a true light gray. One of the few things that Gannon could improve on is his accuracy in capturing felt colors in his photos, not that I’d ever complain to him.
Holy smokes that’s a beauty! Is that a new color Michael is carrying?

David

It's a great color but I don't know anything about Nutria. Is that a dress or Western weight? What's the hand like?

I have 10-12 nutria hats made from modern felt sold by Sunrise. The offer it in both dress weight and western weight. This hat is a 160g dress weight. They have a great hand! Very soft and just great felt. It does have more spring back than beaver so while it’s very easy to manipulate it takes some steam to get the shape to hold.

Aside from colors that Winchester doesn’t offer in beaver, the 160g hat bodies allow for larger dimensions than most of the XL (“yellow string”) dress weight bodies by Winchester. I’m glad I went with beaver for my fist customs, and I plan on more beaver customs, but I love my nutria hats too; however, if I could get the color and dimensions think beaver does have a slight overall advantage and it costs less too.

Samson25

Familiar Face
So, since we're talking about waiting....?
Second attempt at snatching an Akubra Campdraft
(and it getting to Me in a reasonable condition)
has been initiated.
Hoping express delivery from Australia will actually work this time around....

Mighty44

One Too Many
I have 10-12 nutria hats made from modern felt sold by Sunrise. The offer it in both dress weight and western weight. This hat is a 160g dress weight. They have a great hand! Very soft and just great felt. It does have more spring back than beaver so while it’s very easy to manipulate it takes some steam to get the shape to hold.

Aside from colors that Winchester doesn’t offer in beaver, the 160g hat bodies allow for larger dimensions than most of the XL (“yellow string”) dress weight bodies by Winchester. I’m glad I went with beaver for my fist customs, and I plan on more beaver customs, but I love my nutria hats too; however, if I could get the color and dimensions think beaver does have a slight overall advantage and it costs less too.
Okay terrific info, thanks Brent. That is basically the color I wish Michael stocked. ;) Cheers
has been initiated.
i just got mine last week—three weeks since I ordered to get to New York via Chicago. Good luck!

The Shoe

One Too Many
has been initiated.
Good luck, but don’t hold your breath. My wife’s Akubra from Hats by the Hundred has been “cleared and awaiting international departure” for over a week now.
Still better than my one from the Netherlands which ”arrived at outward office of exchange” on March 7th after twice being dispatched from said office. I think it’s caught in some sort of Dr Strange time loop.

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Good luck, but don’t hold your breath. My wife’s Akubra from Hats by the Hundred has been “cleared and awaiting international departure” for over a week now.
Still better than my one from the Netherlands which ”arrived at outward office of exchange” on March 7th after twice being dispatched from said office. I think it’s caught in some sort of Dr Strange time loop.
Or maybe it's the glitches that reveal we're truly living in the matrix :cool:

I think $10 per photo would be more than reasonable. Maybe Gannon could make payment in a free custom hat? I’d love to hear your opinion on a current Gannon as compared to your great collection of vintage felt.
That would be nice, but I don't think Gannon is inclined to do that anytime soon. ;) I am curious how a Gannon holds up to vintage felts, but considering what I pay on average for a vintage hat and the price of a Gannon, there's no way I can justify that for myself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo