Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

That would be nice, but I don't think Gannon is inclined to do that anytime soon. ;) I am curious how a Gannon holds up to vintage felts, but considering what I pay on average for a vintage hat and the price of a Gannon, there's no way I can justify that for myself.

I completely understand. If I was a size 56cm I don’t know that I would have ever considered a modern custom felt.

Good luck, but don’t hold your breath. My wife’s Akubra from Hats by the Hundred has been “cleared and awaiting international departure” for over a week now.
Still better than my one from the Netherlands which ”arrived at outward office of exchange” on March 7th after twice being dispatched from said office. I think it’s caught in some sort of Dr Strange time loop.
I ordered something from a vendor in Australia during the last week of December. Tracking showed Australia Post took possession of it on January 1st, and that was apparently the last anyone saw of the package; the vendor just refunded my payment earlier this week. That said, I sincerely hope Samson25 has better luck!

The Shoe

One Too Many
I ordered something from a vendor in Australia during the last week of December. Tracking showed Australia Post took possession of it on January 1st, and that was apparently the last anyone saw of the package; the vendor just refunded my payment earlier this week. That said, I sincerely hope Samson25 has better luck!
I have a third hat on the way. You know things are bad when you’re hoping the US Postal Service will be your saviour!

I have a third hat on the way. You know things are bad when you’re hoping the US Postal Service will be your saviour!
At least the USPS has never delivered a package to me that looked like this:

TJSMKJz.jpg

Thanks UPS! Hey, during your next break find a dictionary and look up the word "fragile". Hint: It isn't Italian.

Fortunately this time they were as inefficient at destroying the hat inside the box as they were at reading the precautions printed on the box. BTW, Jaxon Hats Raffia straw that I'll show off after I've reshaped it to my liking.

Ryan's Hat

New in Town

TJSMKJz.jpg

Thanks UPS! Hey, during your next break find a dictionary and look up the word "fragile". Hint: It isn't Italian.

Fortunately this time they were as inefficient at destroying the hat inside the box as they were at reading the precautions printed on the box. BTW, Jaxon Hats Raffia straw that I'll show off after I've reshaped it to my liking.
Hat got fortunate in there.

Hat got fortunate in there.
Yes it did. One of the sections of bent cardboard pressed against the back of the crown on the left side and left a bit of an impression, but it disappeared almost completely after I soaked the hat and changed the Center Dent to a Teardrop. ;) I'll post photos somewhere around here as soon as I can find the time to take some.

Samson25

Familiar Face

TJSMKJz.jpg

Incredible !

Samson25

Familiar Face
Good luck, but don’t hold your breath. My wife’s Akubra from Hats by the Hundred has been “cleared and awaiting international departure” for over a week now.
Still better than my one from the Netherlands which ”arrived at outward office of exchange” on March 7th after twice being dispatched from said office. I think it’s caught in some sort of Dr Strange time loop.
Just hoping it won't take a month and a half this time.....

The Shoe

One Too Many

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails