Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

E6BDF60F-6A37-40AF-A0D4-ED417CB59E85.jpeg
005B6DC6-FD7B-4F53-AA2E-C7BAF18AC0E3.jpeg
C019FF19-068A-46F3-90F4-98EB3F5E6F7B.jpeg

In spite of the discussion of wool hats a couple of pages back, I pulled the trigger on this Gamble & Gunn "New Orleans" Pork Pie:

D6q61uO.jpg

Curious to see what color it really is because their website lists it as "Slate Grey", but it looks tan in their photos to me. Two things are certain--first, it'll be a little too large for a snug fit; second, that feather is getting plucked. Other than that, we'll see. Not my first wool felt, probably won't be my last.
Well, my luck is still holding. I received the hat I ordered from Gamble & Gunn yesterday. Was it grey? Was it tan? Nope. Black. They sent me a black hat. And eBay's "returns" feature is demanding at least one photo, so I'll have to do that tomorrow...well, later today. :(

Thanks Joe. Yeah ... just hoping the size is Punti (based on the overall dimensions they listed and a couple other clues) or I'm going to have a tiny display hat. I figured I can recoup my costs if it comes down to that need.
I’d say you have a good chance. Seems hats smaller than 6 3/4 are about as rare as hats larger than 7 5/8.. though admittedly less desirable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zonko