Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Last but not least but certainly the dirtiest. This one is now in my possession and yeah it is dirty. Came rolled up but doesn’t seem worse for wear.

Bill
View attachment 469646 View attachment 469647 View attachment 469648 View attachment 469649 View attachment 469650
Awesome. I’m glad that one turned up on the lounge. Appears to be… or very very close to a model called the Musketeer. Only a few have turned up here as Jim said above. Have not seen one with this liner. I hope it Will clean up nicely. I’m sure it will respond well to a good brushing. Excellent find. Congratulations!

Last edited:
Well there ya go.. one with the red liner that yours has. Interesting thing about your hat. All of the ads I have seen for the Musketeer were dated 1950 (not sure if that is accurate… but what they are labeled anyway) Mine and others I’ve seen have the ‘stars’ in the Stetson logo. Yours has the maple leafs logo. No set time for when they switched.… but often 1950 is referenced as about the time the switch was made. Might point to it being later in the year 1950 or maybe they did make the model longer than just 1950.

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Awesome. I’m glad that one turned up on the lounge. Appears to be… or very very close to a model called the Musketeer. Only a few have turned up here as Jim said above. Have not seen one with this liner. I hope it Will clean up nicely. I’m sure it will respond well to a good brushing. Excellent find. Congratulations!
Thanks Joe! I too hope it will clean up and remain intact. It seems pretty fragile but responded nicely to hand shaping from the alarming rolled up state I received from the seller.

Do you still have yours? Any pics anywhere?

Bill

Thanks Joe! I too hope it will clean up and remain intact. It seems pretty fragile but responded nicely to hand shaping from the alarming rolled up state I received from the seller.

Do you still have yours? Any pics anywhere?

Bill
The old felts can be surprisingly resilient and very often can recover well from some mishandlings. You will be able to do a lot with just brushing and steaming. I do recommend that you brush the hat thoroughly to get out as much dust and dirt as possible before getting it wet (steam) … water and dirt = mud. If you dont have a hat brush you can get a good horse hair hat brush cheaply on Amazon.

Here is mine… was lucky to grab this one a couple years back.. off a tip from a fellow lounger (enabler). Definitely a gem in my collection

D536EB21-0CDE-4B61-B7BB-FA708FD02994.jpeg
1BC8BF72-88D3-4086-B60C-360648016D92.jpeg

wsmontana

A-List Customer
Wow, what a great looking hat! Thanks for sharing! I have a couple of examples now to aspire to.

Thanks for the cleaning tips. I do have hat brushes and plan to proceed gently and patiently.

Bill

Wow, what a great looking hat! Thanks for sharing! I have a couple of examples now to aspire to.

Thanks for the cleaning tips. I do have hat brushes and plan to proceed gently and patiently.

Bill
Sounds good! Good luck with the cleaning. I look forward to seeing it when you get done.

That's what my liner looks like.

View attachment 470198
Because everyone should have a Playboy
I was wondering where it went. Good score!

I'd go for delivery like that any day of the week, or better: every day of the week! It's no way to treat hats, but I find it extremely satisfying bringing them back to life if they are like this.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GokhanB