Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Another black hat ;)

45327318gb.jpeg

45327319qj.jpeg
Nice find, Matt.

Interesting it's originally from A.F. Bodecker's Stockholm establishment. Originally from Sweden, he learned the hat making trade during the mid-ish 1800s in various countries in Europe during the revolutionary years. Germany and France among others.

He finally ended up in Denmark. I have quite a few hats from his shops in Copenhagen, but none as yet from the Stockholm branch.

Looking forward to seeing more of that Borsalino velour once it arrives.

Mean Eyed Matt

One Too Many
Nice find, Matt.

Interesting it's originally from A.F. Bodecker's Stockholm establishment. Originally from Sweden, he learned the hat making trade during the mid-ish 1800s in various countries in Europe during the revolutionary years. Germany and France among others.

He finally ended up in Denmark. I have quite a few hats from his shops in Copenhagen, but none as yet from the Stockholm branch.

Looking forward to seeing more of that Borsalino velour once it arrives.
Thanks, Steve, for all the information on the hat before it even arrived.
I'll get back to you as soon as I get my hands on it. ;)

Thanks Jim! I'll give it a shot.

White vinegar neutralizes the reaction, but I’ve never seen it remove the staining. Verdigris is a real pain to deal with…I’d love to know if there is a secret to removing it.

I found a San Antonio at a vintage shop several years ago with almost as bad a verdigris stain. I used white vinegar - diluted abit because I was skeered - and scrubbed with a soft brush. The vinegar should help break up the verdigris molecules and that helps release them frm the felt.

Last edited:
I found a San Antonio at a vintage shop several years ago with almost as bad a verdigris stain. I used white vinegar - diluted abit because I was skeered - and scrubbed with a soft brush. The vinegar should help break up the verdigris molecules and that helps release them frm the felt.

I don’t think I’ve seen verdigris clean up that well. Great job!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelSturm