Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What hat are you waiting for today?

Penney's Marathon.

This was one of those auctions where you think you win as they have an ending date/time, but then they go to a live auction with your max bid still in effect. The problem is you don't know there is a live auction as there is no link from the item page (there is on the catalog page) and by the time you notice the "May Have Won" status it's too late and the lot has scrolled off the live site. Then you just wait to see if you get invoiced. In this case I did for $6.

View attachment 500597

View attachment 500598

My winnings showed up!

1679879370452.png

1679879418129.png

Hey! That's not the same hat! I'd almost prefer a minnow bucket. ;)

An email has been sent to the auction house who shipped it. Hopefully I can get this swapped for the Marathon, but I doubt the auction house will make good on it for a $6.00 bid. Best I can probably hope for is a refund.

First the Resistol Breezeweight Panama (from a different shipper) and now this. Why does this keep happening to me?

My winnings showed up!

View attachment 502086

View attachment 502087

An email has been sent to the auction house who shipped it. Hopefully I can get this swapped for the Marathon, but I doubt the auction house will make good on it for a $6.00 bid. Best I can probably hope for is a refund.

First the Resistol Breezeweight Panama (from a different shipper) and now this. Why does this keep happening to me?

Bummer. Maybe you need a medicine man to burn some sage or a deep clean of your chakra? :)
I hope they can find your hats. I hate playing the long distance auction game, but sometimes it’s the only game in town.

Last edited:
My winnings showed up!

View attachment 502086

View attachment 502087

Bummer, Bob. Certainly not up to the quality of a Marathon!

Last edited:

Steve1857

I'll Lock Up
Indeed. A very unique and

Indeed. A very unique and pleasant gentleman

I so miss Michael, his inimitable sartorial style, wonderful all weather photos, his collection of hats, and, not to forget, his great sense of humour. He was always fun to correspond with.

A year or so back, Stefan found out that Michael had moved in with one of his daughters. I hope he's still enjoying those hats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ