Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
HarpPlayerGene said:
Off to run errands in my Disney Twenty...

DSC_0012.jpg

Looks great with the tight pinch, Gene!

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Louis Custom Hatters

Louis Custom Hatters

This beauty arrived more than a week ago - and a good two hours after I opened the box I actually went and crashlanded it - big time! The story - to be told another time in greater detail - involved a few hot 'n' spicey ingredients, like a treatment with denatured alcohol, nasty color bleeding of the ribbon, dissembling of the hat, repeated treatments with Naptha (and more denatured alcohol to boot!!), reblocking and resizing (that is, without a block!), some brim ironing and - last not least - my first attempts at replacing a sweat and a ribbon (hey, it's a very good idea not to bleed on the felt of such a light colored hat - and no: I ain't gonna show you no photos of that fancy needlework of mine - you really don't wanna see that! :eek:). Ah, lest I forget: there were hectoliters of coffee in there, too... :rolleyes:

Anyway. I'll post a few photos of the hat within in the next few days. This noggin shot (taken about half an hour after I finished the ribbon) will have to do for now. The color of the hat is a very, very light gray, so much so that it's almost white - which I like a lot! Oh, it came with a Cavanagh edge. :D

louis_custom_hatters_02_19_10.jpg

Big_e

Practically Family
Wolfen and Mario, you fellas are looking sharp! Salty, that hat is just classy. I stepped out this evening so I slip on a sportcoat and my Brixton Gain. I need to get more hats, this hat is starting to get some miles on it.
Ernest

Picture342.jpg

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:

Who took your picture?

My sweetheart, Nicki, used our Nikon D70 to snap this shot. Any good photos of me can be automatically credited to her. The lousy ones are when I hold the camera at arm's length and 'shoot myself'. :p

-----------

Thanks folks, for the compliments. This hat does a lot more for me than I do for it, that's for sure.

-----------

Rusty, I'm not tellin'. ;)

Chinaski

One Too Many
Hey Mario, we'll be interested to hear more about your efforts at hat salvation. It looks like it came out pretty well - if you didn't tell us there were problems we probably wouldn't have noticed. :eusa_clap

HarpPlayerGene

I'll Lock Up
Chinaski said:
Hey Mario, we'll be interested to hear more about your efforts at hat salvation. It looks like it came out pretty well - if you didn't tell us there were problems we probably wouldn't have noticed. :eusa_clap

That's the truth. Hat and Mario look great in that shot. I wanna' read the "hot 'n' spicey" horror story...

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
Big_e said:
Wolfen and Mario, you fellas are looking sharp! Salty, that hat is just classy. I stepped out this evening so I slip on a sportcoat and my Brixton Gain. I need to get more hats, this hat is starting to get some miles on it.
Ernest

Picture342.jpg

Feather king! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mr. Paladin

Big_e said:
I stepped out this evening so I slip on a sportcoat and my Brixton Gain. I need to get more hats, this hat is starting to get some miles on it.
Ernest

Picture342.jpg

Of course we all need more hats BUT, that one is just you!

Mr. Paladin

Mario said:
I'll post a few photos of the hat within in the next few days. This noggin shot (taken about half an hour after I finished the ribbon) will have to do for now. The color of the hat is a very, very light gray, so much so that it's almost white - which I like a lot! Oh, it came with a Cavanagh edge. :D

louis_custom_hatters_02_19_10.jpg

Nice save Mario. I love that wide brim! (like thats a surprise:D )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot