Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daizawaguy

Call Me a Cab
bolthead said:
Was very anxious to wear this Vagabond today, still needs to be in the stretcher longer, but what a sweet lid.

DSC04732.jpg
DSC04739.jpg

BTW, great lids everyone, nice to see this thread still going strong. :eusa_clap

Good to have you back, Sir!

frussell

One Too Many
Major Moored Fed IV

I sent this Carbon Grey Fed IV to Major Mike to get the brim bound and a new wider ribbon like a few others have done. I really am pleased with the results, and am packing up a few others to send to him ASAP. He says he found some older ribbon to replace the one on the Fed, and it looks really classy. Here's some photos:
P2200556.jpg
[/IMG]
Ribbon detail, a bit dark, but you can see the faint pattern.
P2200550.jpg
[/IMG]
P2190500.jpg
[/IMG]
P2190505.jpg
[/IMG]
P2190506.jpg
[/IMG]

frussell

One Too Many
I'll be doing more business with the Major

I was really happy with the work, his rates, and with his communication. My hat had a hard journey to his neck of the woods, and UPS had to turn back due to icy roads twice, but he got it done quickly and was always in touch, no matter what was going on. PM him, and he'll get back to you. My photo skills are poor, but this thing looks really great in person. I've got a Pinnacle and a Nostalgia I'm probably sending out to Mike real soon, and would love to get a custom from him in the near future. Thanks, Frank

Mr. Paladin

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've missed too many days to pick everyone out but what a great weekend of hats! Good to see you post one up though, Bolthead.

It was my wife's birthday weekend so Saturday we went out for dinner to Adelmo's in Dallas; a great little Italian restaurant and then to the Dallas Symphony for the Shostakovitch Symphony #7. Great evening out and wore my black Stetson St. Regis homburg for the time. Got three different compliments on it and a funny story as well. While at the intermission, I was standing out in the foyer wearing my homburg, waiting while my wife had stepped away. Two 18-19 year old girls walked up and behind me. I was not paying attention but did notice one had her cell phone camera out. As I turned around, I realized the other girl had stepped up very close to me and was posing for the picture. I thought I was in the way so I stepped several paces away to clear the background for them. Instead, she stepped over next to me, the photo was taken, and they left smiling but without a word being exchanged. I would love to have known what that was about. There were no other homburgs evident there that night.....

JackiesBirthday008.jpg

For church and her party with our kids Sunday, I wore my Champ boxbow reworked by Optimo:

JackiesBirthday004.jpg

And today, it was my Stetson Colony, heading out to early vote!

JackiesBirthday002.jpg

I had a great hat weekend too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points