Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Mr E Train said:
That's fantastic, Scott! You always take a great picture.

By the way, I always loved this photo of Oppenheimer's hat hanging outside his office.

410S7iWXYQL._SS500_.jpg

Thanks guys. I think what I like about that photo of Oppenheimer is that he appears to be 'listening intently' to something the photographer is saying, rather than posing for a photo - very much a thinking man, obviously.

Mr E - I have never seen the above photo of his hat, but mine ended up looking very similar from above. It confirms (to me, anyway) that his hat had a high crown (6" on the San Fran) with a deep telescope.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
It confirms (to me, anyway) that his hat had a high crown (6" on the San Fran) with a deep telescope.

I like the photo and the hat, Scott, but he's a bit more sloppy in the hat than you. You've got a pinch, he's got a half pinch and a lowered frotal dent. You've got an even brim and he's got a bit of wonk. I think that being put together everywhere else, he gave himself a little license with his hat.

Still, I like both versions, yours and his.

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Lefty said:
I like the photo and the hat, Scott, but he's a bit more sloppy in the hat than you. You've got a pinch, he's got a half pinch and a lowered frotal dent. You've got an even brim and he's got a bit of wonk. I think that being put together everywhere else, he gave himself a little license with his hat.

Still, I like both versions, yours and his.

You are completely right - despite playing with it for about an hour, I couldn't get that brim 'wonk' you refer to. My hat is nutria, so not as flexible for bashing as a thinner hat. His might also be more travelled than mine - looks like he's pulled it down all the way around and the weather has probably helped give it that look.

I like my nutria version better in it's western bash, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a similar model in a 'Royal' felt, then will atom bomb it to look like Oppenheimer's.

rlk

I'll Lock Up
ScottF said:
You are completely right - despite playing with it for about an hour, I couldn't get that brim 'wonk' you refer to. My hat is nutria, so not as flexible for bashing as a thinner hat. His might also be more travelled than mine - looks like he's pulled it down all the way around and the weather has probably helped give it that look.

I like my nutria version better in it's western bash, but I'm keeping my eyes open for a similar model in a 'Royal' felt, then will atom bomb it to look like Oppenheimer's.

Wrong crease but here's the hat: Royal Stetson DeLuxe 3-Chord, quite soft.
3354266859_cb11d0dbc2.jpg

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
mayserwegener said:
Damn you know how to wear a hat with style! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

What I know is how to take enough photos to finally get one worth posting, but thanks for the complement lol

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
Today's hat is my San Diego Zoo souvenir hat. I walked 18 holes of golf in it this morning and just finished mowing the grass. My golf buddies expressed disappointment that we aren't far enough south to have any alligators for me to wrestle...

4508246545_fed07313ac_o.jpg

Daizawa, Very cool! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

SaltyO, Certainly a nice day for golf! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

rlk

I'll Lock Up
jimmy the lid said:
Pewter Playboy...

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/mojohaiku/PewterPlayboy.jpg[/IMG]

Cheers,
JtL
Nice!.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap Seems generously proportioned for a Playboy or am I confused?

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Back to Lakeview Cemetery after another Little Italy lunch.
My mom came along this time. She's a person whom you do
not want to challenge to a fancy hat contest.

in her custom from Busy Broad
DSC_0151.jpg

off-kilter Lee Trinity
DSC_0072.jpg

my wife's stand-by
DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0121.jpg

buler

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
Back to Lakeview Cemetery after another Little Italy lunch.
My mom came along this time. She's a person whom you do
not want to challenge to a fancy hat contest.

in her custom from Busy Broad

DSC_0121.jpg

Wow, your mom's hat is splendid!

Lefty, I love your pics!!!

B

Chinaski

One Too Many
Yeah, it's all there. Mom's looking good, patina on the building is visually interesting, wife always looks tres elegant, the trinity is a homerun. Great pics, Lefty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart