Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mario, Mr Paladin, IC, RBH -> Thanks! :)

Chascomm, Very nice Akubra Style Master! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

150719541, Your Mexican wool looks very sharp! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Mario

I'll Lock Up
Day of the Mallory

Preparing to go adventuring in the concrete jungle...

mallory_04_14_10.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
I've got my Vintage Grey Dobbs on today. I just got it a couple of days ago and steamed the brim so it would stay just like I like it. I think the brim swoop looks pretty good. What do you guys think? The hat has a 2 1/8 inch brim, but Ive really been wondering how I would look in a hat with a bigger brim than that. Maybe a 2 5/8 or bigger. I dunno.

JoshinDobbs-1.jpg

Mario

I'll Lock Up
It's a good look with that Dobbs but I think that your face could easily take a wider brim. 2 3/4" or even 2 7/8" brims wouldn't look out of place at all. I know that those larger brims can be intimidating at first, but you'll get used to it pretty quick.

Dreispitz said:
Some insiders might recognise where I was this aftrnoon donning a Cavanagh. :)

HutKoenig Regensburg! Great Cavanagh! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

By the way have you done anything with vintage Lembert hat body?

Joshbru3 said:
I've got my Vintage Grey Dobbs on today. I just got it a couple of days ago and steamed the brim so it would stay just like I like it. I think the brim swoop looks pretty good. What do you guys think? The hat has a 2 1/8 inch brim, but Ive really been wondering how I would look in a hat with a bigger brim than that. Maybe a 2 5/8 or bigger. I dunno.

JoshinDobbs-1.jpg

Great swoop on that Dobbs ala Mario! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

One Too Many
One Favourite

2139932980106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

It is one of my favourites, a light england hat, "Monaco" by Brooks Bros. Fur felt, is an old hat, but was acquired NEW, two years ago in a market place, sold by a tender, wich received it in a present, but never used hat. I paid only 10.00 u.s. dollars.lol lol lol

Dreispitz

One Too Many
mayserwegener said:
HutKoenig Regensburg! Great Cavanagh! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Bingo!!!!

The Lambert is waiting for a good hatter! I was actually thinking about the cone, a few days, ago. I think about something straight, full high crown and larger brim. Not sure, if I can get such a thing done, over here?! [huh]

Al Niente

Familiar Face
mayserwegener said:

Regensburg, yes, I knew that right away. My ex-wife was from there and I spent a lot of time in that city. Too bad I was not into hats at that time.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
rlk said:
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2789/4521139876_eebb656579_o.jp/IMG][/QUOTE]

Very nice, and similar to [URL="http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showpost.php?p=655710&postcount=61"]this JtL Stetson[/URL].

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Warm and sunny today, so I figured I'd try out my new Ponte Rialto boater. Taking a cue from mayserwegener and his Homburg/Nat Nast shirt combos, I did the boater/Cubavera shirt combo.

041310b.jpg

I had to do a little work on it before it was ready to wear out because when I bought it in the store (The Executive Shop in Atlanta), the brim was curled up a little in the back and the guy in the store tried to straighten it out by hand without using steam. It was the last one they had in the right size, and I really liked it, so I bought it anyway, knowing I could fix it later pretty easily. I told them I'd steam it and straighten it myself, but I noticed after I bought it that it was a little weak and "bendy" in the area where he he tried to straighten it. Yikes. That concerned me, but I was still confident that I could fix it.

I just took our regular old household steam iron and pressed and steamed the brim in the problem area (making sure not to scorch it, of course) and put it on the counter with a paperweight on it while it dried. Then I just sprayed on some Kahl hat stiffener and let that dry, and voila, it was tip top again, straight as an arrow and stiff as a board. I wrote the store an email letting them know that if that situation ever comes up again, just steam the doggone thing.

CircuitRider

One of the Regulars
Joshbru3 said:

JoshinDobbs-1.jpg
Looks good. They have been running "Highway Patrol" with Broderick Crawford on the Retro TV channel. Looks like the one he wore in the show in the late 50's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart