Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Hat Are You Wearing Today 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
Scott Wood said:
I have this "coffee" offering with matching band, which I may change, and a good inner tag but the sweat stamping worn off.

Hard to see here but there are sweat stains on the matching ribbon and I have to wonder if a leather braid or something like that might work better on this "Gambler" style hat [huh]
100_0496.jpg
I really like the color of that hat. It's too bad about the ribbon. If you have to replace it, maybe a contrasting color? IMHO I would rather do that then go further 'western' with a leather or beaded band. I think the ribbon and bow give the hat part of it's unique look.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Mahagonny Bill said:
I really like the color of that hat. It's too bad about the ribbon. If you have to replace it, maybe a contrasting color? IMHO I would rather do that then go further 'western' with a leather or beaded band. I think the ribbon and bow give the hat part of it's unique look.
Thanks Bill. I do agree with what you say on the ribbon and have been looking at a camel/sand sort of ribbon with a very distinct, multi-coloured sheen.[huh]
Hard call to make so it might be a while before the ribbon changes at all lol

Scott Wood

Practically Family
p.s.

Scott Wood said:
Thanks Bill. I do agree with what you say on the ribbon and have been looking at a camel/sand sort of ribbon with a very distinct, multi-coloured sheen.[huh]
Hard call to make so it might be a while before the ribbon changes at all lol
This hat is quite distinctive to me but is one of the few "unusual to me" lids I will likely be hanging on to for a while.
I have lots of time to get the "just right" ribbon ;) :D

djgo-cat-go

Practically Family
Camdraft

I was wearing my Dobbs Milan until this hat arrived late in the afternoon: I'm still wearing my Campdraft...

Crossposted in the Campdraft and New Hats threads..

campside.jpg

Salty O'Rourke

Practically Family
DOUGLAS said:
Beautiful Hat Sir.

Thanks, Douglas, and you too Mr. P/Hereward/Craig/RLK. This is probably the finest hat I own. You know how a photo will make a so-so hat look much better, minimizing any little flaws? This hat looks just as nice, if not nicer, up close than it does in photographs. The color is hard to capture on digital; here's a couple of shots that are pretty close:

4561778002_083a1a5120.jpg

4561795294_81ccb4a3f0.jpg

SteveAS

Practically Family
djgo-cat-go said:
I was wearing my Dobbs Milan until this hat arrived late in the afternoon: I'm still wearing my Campdraft...

Crossposted in the Campdraft and New Hats threads..

campside.jpg

Nice hat, but fantastic shirt.

Scott Wood

Practically Family
Salty O'Rourke said:
Thanks, Douglas, and you too Mr. P/Hereward/Craig/RLK. This is probably the finest hat I own. You know how a photo will make a so-so hat look much better, minimizing any little flaws? This hat looks just as nice, if not nicer, up close than it does in photographs. The color is hard to capture on digital; here's a couple of shots that are pretty close:
Great shots Sir Salty and I am only up to oh, I don't know, maybe cribbage?
lol lol lol

RBH

Bartender
Dang.. once again everyone looks great.:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

But djgo.. that Campdraft looks great { I think the best so far} on you! Dont turn that brim, it perfect as is!!!!!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Sorry to bore you all with another pic of this hat but, man, I've never worn a lid that gets so many stares. The brim seems to be taking on a little hollywood action all by itself.

hpim2335.jpg

Stonk on Ladies and Gents!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav